Macau GP

Posted by Peat 
Macau GP
Date: March 31, 2008 08:17PM
Posted by: Peat
I'm visiting a friend in Hong Kong later this year and it 'just so happens' that its over the weekend of the Macau GP.

Has anyone here been? Any handy tips i will need? I will be staying in HK and getting the ferry across every day. Is that wise? Where's best to watch from? i was thinking Lisboa may be the place with the most action? etc etc

Seriously, any info would be appreciated.

Peas.

Re: Macau GP
Date: March 31, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Lisboa would be great for a race start, but a bit @#$%& for raw racing. If you want to see cars on the edge and fast corners then try and get near Faraway Hill, or Moorish Hill. Although due to the geography of the area that may not be possible.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Macau GP
Date: November 20, 2008 09:32AM
Posted by: Peat
Ok, home is the hunter.

So i flew out to Hong Kong last wednesday and returned this morning. Spent the weekend in Macau. I cant describe how awesome it is to have the noise of WTCC cars bouncing off the buildings as your alarm clock!

Saturday - Spent the day wondering around the track, mostly in the hills from Lisboa to Melco. Got some great shot from, in hindsight, some VERY silly places.

Sunday - Had Lisboa grandstand seats for the day. My feet were in pieces so i was happy to spend the day sat on my arse getting drunk in the sun. We were treated to some great action, WTCC race 2 was absolute mayhem and the F3 GP was a pretty eventful. For those of you who dont know, Keisuke Kunimoto took a suprising win. Seeminly down to TOM's superior straightline speed. Big shout out to Brendon Hartley, 20th to 3rd. If only Carlo Van Dam hadn't got damaged, we could have seen an even better recovery!

So, the good stuff:
[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[uk.youtube.com] (Should be 6 vids but one hasn'y cleared yet)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 04:32PM by Peat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy