Electric Motor Racing

Posted by tpreitzel 
Electric Motor Racing
Date: March 26, 2008 12:38PM
Posted by: tpreitzel
Technically, I don't know where I should place this topic as off-topic doesn't even seem appropriate. Without going into needless discussion on the viability of gasoline engines for either mainstream transportation or racing, the future of electric motor racing doesn't seem very far away to me. Sure, major problems need to be overcome, but they will be eventually. The advances in electric motors and storage systems to drive them is proceeding at a furious pace. Electric drag bikes exist today, but the distance is short. However, new battery chemistries, e.g. Lithium derivatives, allow considerable reductions in weight, increased life, and fast recycle times. Although, I haven't researched the issue yet, the time can't be too far away until we have racing organizations dedicated to electric cars. Hopefully, I'll be alive to see my first totally electric race for a few laps at least. :)

Drag Racing: [www.nedra.com]

Specialty cars: [www.acpropulsion.com]
[www.teslamotors.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 12:59PM by tpreitzel.
Re: Electric Motor Racing
Date: April 07, 2008 05:35PM
Posted by: laurent
This is very intresting.

Electric engines are knows for their huge torque they can produce.
If the capacity increases, it's indeed possible to held races in the future ;-)

it would be great to watch... Only the sound will be weird :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2008 05:36PM by laurent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy