Homestead Indy 300

Posted by folkenfanel83 
Homestead Indy 300
Date: April 02, 2007 05:31AM
Posted by: folkenfanel83
HI guys, last week I went to the first indy race of the year. I'm not crazy of ovals but I do like open wheel cars. I really liked the Rolex Pro series endurance race (3 hours). They used the roadcourse version of the track (The mazda RX8's had an amazing sound).

To my surprise, indy is not like nascar. I've watched some nascar races and all the cars are very close together the entire time. If one of them makes a move then you take out about 4 cars, but they have like 30 for every race. In this race you could see and a good driver with a good car just overtake everyone even after being slowed by a bad pitstop. Dan Wheldon was just too fast, it was a cool race. I would watch ovals as long as they have indy cars.

I took a lot of pictures, I will post them as soon as I learn how to do it. Toyota had a display of its nascar and other race cars, and to my amaze they had an F1 car, probably from 2003. But overall it was a nice experience, my girlfriend and I had a great time.
Re: Homestead Indy 300
Date: April 02, 2007 09:42AM
Posted by: Peat
I really want to attend an open-wheel oval race. The Indy 500 is on my list of motorsport 'to do's'.

cant wait to see your pics!

Date: April 02, 2007 03:33PM
Something that I found curious. There is a Super Aguri team in indy, and for some reason, it has been involved in two accidents already. One accident in Homestead and one in ST. Petersburg. How ironic.

I have good pictures of some of the cars they had on display. The race pictures might not be great because they go fast and my camera isn't superb.
Date: April 02, 2007 07:41PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I cant watch this series at all. I have tried a few times, and i get bored of it.

I grew up with Indycar, and it was awsome. then when the split came and there was CART/IRL well i followed cart, as it had same drivers tracks that indycar was. plus they showed it on telly.

I heard that they have manufactured the finishes they have, by electronicly lowering the engine power of the lead car. i dont know if this is true. but i hope to god its not.
Also, in 2002 my favourite driver in champcar went over to the indy 500. he won the race. they then stripped him of the win all because he was a champcar driver. all the timing data said he won. IRL gave it to castro-neves.

2004 i got pay tv, and i was planning to watch IRL. I watched the start and half of the first race, which i cant even remember and gave it away, it was a joke. earlier i had watched the daytona 500, and i ended up getting in nascar and have watched every race since. Nascar is far better racing that IRL

Date: April 02, 2007 09:28PM
Posted by: tripleM
I've been wondering how long it would take for you to show up with the garden variety basher bullshyt.

Date: April 02, 2007 09:37PM
Posted by: gav
Have to agree with him on this one. If it comes to CART or IRL, CART wins hands down every time, probably even in its current, depleted state. IRL is just bad in so many ways, and has been since its inception. I'd even take NASCAR over IRL, and I'm far from a fan of that. Hell, I find BTCC more interesting than IRL - and that's saying something.

For years I was of the firm belief that Tony George was the devil. But then I met Dave Ellis.
Date: April 02, 2007 10:31PM
Posted by: tripleM
"I heard that they have manufactured the finishes they have, by electronicly lowering the engine power of the lead car. i dont know if this is true. but i hope to god its not."

Heh, he has some legitimate criticism, and i don't really have a problem with people not liking IRL, it's just statements like the one above i really take offence to.

Date: April 02, 2007 10:59PM
Well, If I had the choice I would choose any road course race. An F1 race is my dream. But as a broke college student in south florida this is all I can afford. The tickets are alright ($25). Maybe IRL on TV is not cool, but I would go to a race any time I could
Date: April 03, 2007 12:05PM
tripleM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I heard that they have manufactured the finishes
> they have, by electronicly lowering the engine
> power of the lead car. i dont know if this is
> true. but i hope to god its not."
>
> Heh, he has some legitimate criticism, and i don't
> really have a problem with people not liking IRL,
> it's just statements like the one above i really
> take offence to.

It was only a rumor i heard, and like i said i hope its not true.

Date: April 06, 2007 06:15AM
As I promised, some pictures. Apologize if they don't come out. (First time I upload pictures)

Date: April 06, 2007 06:20AM
Some more of the car display (How can I make the pictures smaller?)

Date: April 06, 2007 06:27AM
Well guys, I'm sorry, I can't believe I didn't take any good pictures of the indy cars. I only have a movie. I don't know how to upload it yet.

Hope you enjoy them
Date: April 06, 2007 06:50AM
I will open a new account to host my pics, I first uploaded the pics on my school server but I don't think I'm allowed to do that. Sorry about that
Date: April 06, 2007 10:40AM
for ya movie mate, try youtube ;)

Date: April 07, 2007 01:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Only problem I have with IRL is the cars are ugly (but so is the new Panoz DP01 and the new COTs, so its not alone), the entire series is based around wanking over Danican't and the massive danger involved yet IRL Seem unable to give a sh*t.

However the racing last year was better than the CCWS season which was as dull as a box of rocks. I also like that they run ovals and road courses whilst CCWS has buggered off from all ovals now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 13, 2007 05:05PM
Allright, I finally uploaded the videos

[web.eng.fiu.edu]

Only three videos that I took with my girlfriends camera
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy