MotoGP: Rossi celebrations

Posted by Peat 
MotoGP: Rossi celebrations
Date: March 26, 2007 12:12AM
Posted by: Peat

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This was today in jerez.

Love this guy, f1 needs this sort of charisma. Although considering your not allowed to doughnut in f1, i think he would find it hard to celebrate....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 12:49PM by Peat.
Re: MotoGP: Rossi celebrations
Date: March 26, 2007 04:31PM
Posted by: Enjoi
lol! That's a pretty impressive celebration :P. I do wish we had someone like that in F1, he's a great character. I have a clip where he stops the bike and goes for a slash, im assuming it was after the race lol

Ric Scott
Date: March 26, 2007 06:05PM
Posted by: bestobritish
valentino rossi, what a legend!! Try anything like that in any FIA catagory (spelling?) and you would get fined because its too dangerous!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 27, 2007 08:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
He absolutely rocks :D
Date: March 27, 2007 01:43PM
Posted by: keiran
The thing I really like about Rossi is he doesn't have such a huge ego like most successful drivers. He can accept losing and that's why he isn't as hated as the likes of Schumacher. If he makes a mistake, he says it. He also has a sense of humour to do such things after the race ;)

Yamaha are going to be on their back foot if they can't find some extra HP, Rossi really has had to work the front of that bike hard to keep up with Ducati and Honda. The time Dani took out of Rossi on the straights, he was having to make up in the corners. So if Yamaha could find some extra power he'd be running off into the distance. Was the same at Qatar with Casey in front. Rossi took the gap back in the corners but the long straight cost him so much time.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 01:44PM by keiran.
Date: March 27, 2007 01:50PM
Posted by: tripleM
Maybe it's because the poor little Yamaha is the fastest bike in the corners?

I mean with Edwards beating all the others except for Dani and all.

Date: March 27, 2007 10:46PM
Posted by: bestobritish
how about some of these!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 27, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: keiran
tripleM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe it's because the poor little Yamaha is the
> fastest bike in the corners?

I'm not so sure about that myself, maybe it has an edge but you have to have a balance between corner speed and outright top speed. If Rossi had the acceleration and top speed of that Ducati he'd have probably finished a country mile ahead. It's no use if your competitors are taking half a second every reasonably long straight as you then have to take more risks, more risks means a higher chance of falling off it.

Rossi was able to keep up with the Hondas last year but he did say that he really had to work the tyres hard and if had more than one Honda to deal with he was on his back foot.

> I mean with Edwards beating all the others except
> for Dani and all.

Yet Edwards was no where in Qatar. I don't know what it's about Edwards but sometimes he seems to pull good rides out the bag but more often he seems to go backwards during a race.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: March 28, 2007 09:56AM
Posted by: tripleM
Ducati themselves admit that they compromised corner speed to be the fastest on the straights.

[www.autosport.com]

Date: March 28, 2007 04:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
That last youtube link to the scooter trick was so funny, haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy