V8 Supercars 2007

Posted by gareth 
V8 Supercars 2007
Date: January 24, 2007 01:21AM
Posted by: gareth
Thought we could start a thread dedicated to the 2007 V8 Supercars season.

Rick Kelly is the defending champ, Craig Lowndes had the championship taken away from him last year, Skaife and HRT will look to bounce back with the new VE Commodore, Murphy leaving Supercheap to go Tasman motorsport, can Courtney lift Stone Bros. back up to the top?

Predictions and discussion please.....

And here is the Triple 8 Racing Falcon for next year that Lowndes and Whincup will be driving- very sexy in my opinion, and they've gone for a McLaren chrome effect too!

Re: V8 Supercars 2007
Date: January 24, 2007 05:27AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Very nice looking car, although it seems to me in recent years an alarming trend for teams to paint their cars orange and black. I really do hope this trend ends. One team is bad enough, three or four teams is ridiculous.

Hoping HRT can make a return to their rightful spot at the top of the podium.

Date: January 24, 2007 10:45AM
Posted by: SAMF1
silver & red with vodafone..... it remind me of the mclaren 2007 :)

Date: January 25, 2007 03:03AM
Posted by: gary42
Is Lowndes driving the ProDrive Ford this year? Cos if so, I can see him taking the title back

Date: January 25, 2007 04:06AM
Lowndes is with Triple 8 Racing again, driving the car pictured above. He was very, very very close to taking the title last year I think will win it this year.

Ford Performance Racing (Prodrive) have got Mark Winterbottom and Steven Richards driving for them. Jason Bright has left to drive for his own team Britek and taken the Caterpillar sponsorship with him, although FPR has picked up Orrcon from Wright Patton Shakespeare (who have also split up with Larkham Motorsport) and rumour has it that Richards has brought Castrol across with as well.

Winterbottom's car:
Date: January 25, 2007 04:15AM
new Tasman livery:

Date: January 25, 2007 01:13PM
Posted by: torana_05
lets go jack daniels racing!! hopefully murph will go good in the cham,pionship this yr he always seem to go real @#$%& in the series but alright at bathurst.
ive got a few im cheering on this yr Jason Richards, Murphy, McConville (by the way where is he this yr). is there still an ozemail team next yr? dunno bout these new ve commdores its just a bigger vectra i think, but it will look good in black anyway :) i think Lowneds is a mclaren fan because he bought out that black and silver ford when that livery was pretty popular too.
gareth u said that richards bought castrol over with him wasnt that already a sponcer of prodrive or do u mean a major sponcer like the perkins cars from a few yrs back?

Date: January 25, 2007 04:07PM
Ozemail have been gone for a while now. The cars are painted in the livery of BOC and are totally interchangeable with the FPR cars.

Date: January 26, 2007 11:48PM
I think Richards has taken Castrol over as a major sponsor, replacing Catepillar which has gone with Jason Bright.

Britek has also picked up Irwin Tools which sponsors cars in Nascar.

DJR has scored Jim Beam I believe as well- too many frigging changes to keep track of haha!
Date: January 29, 2007 07:50AM
The Jim Beam livery should look good.

Date: January 29, 2007 04:00PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
anyone got any pics of the HRT VE?

Date: January 29, 2007 05:21PM
Posted by: chet
These V8 supercars are damn fine looking cars!!

Puts any F1 livery to shame!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 29, 2007 11:41PM
best I could find, but you'd imagine it'd look something like this:

Date: January 31, 2007 05:11PM
that is stunning, lets hope :D thanks for the pic, and all the info.

Im worried about the telecast this year. Channel 7 have it, and channel 7 is by far the worst channel ever. Im expecting races to be broadcast a week after there run, bathurst to be an advert fest. and there going to have @#$%& commentators.

sigh.

I watched channel 7 today (hero's) for the first time in along time (i have foxtel so i stear clear of it) and between programs (that were already 10 mins behind schedual....) they said "Hero's will start in 5...4...3...2...now i mean COME ON. what the hell?

Date: February 01, 2007 11:52PM
I think 7 will do an okay job, depending on their AFL committments though. As a Sydneysider, I dislike AFL and couldn't give a rats about it so if AFL coverage impacts on V8Supercars that'll be really dissappointing.

I believe Neil Crompton has signed on, and they have Matthew White and Grant Denyer on their books as well so I reckon that's not a bad base to build on. Just as long as Daryl Beattie doesn't come across as well!
Date: February 02, 2007 09:14AM
well there wont be any afl sunday afternoon iirc so it shouldnt, i just dislike channel 7 so much. there fcuktards. they better not delay bathurst. i will complain and complain and complain to them if they do.

ill also tell them how i dont care if some 80 year old lady is losing her home because she hasnt paid her taxes since 1902, thats her own fault i dont want to see sob stories like this.

my parents watch today/tonight some times :(

Date: February 04, 2007 04:40AM
Posted by: torana_05
i also herd that allan moffat is going to be commentating this yr

Date: February 04, 2007 09:26AM
Posted by: pacerboy
torana_05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i also herd that allan moffat is going to be
> commentating this yr

Yay! that will be good!
Date: February 04, 2007 02:52PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well there wont be any afl sunday afternoon iirc
> so it shouldnt, i just dislike channel 7 so much.
> there fcuktards. they better not delay bathurst. i
> will complain and complain and complain to them if
> they do.
>
> ill also tell them how i dont care if some 80
> year old lady is losing her home because she hasnt
> paid her taxes since 1902, thats her own fault i
> dont want to see sob stories like this.
>
> my parents watch today/tonight some times :(

Today Tonight....oh dear.

Yeah, Crompo is coming over so it wont be all bad. Ch7 say they'll deliver more than Ch10 did, so lets see if they live up to their promise. RPM on Ch10 is gonna be rubbish though :(

Date: February 13, 2007 02:31AM
Big media launch on 15 Feb on 7's Sunrise program. Should have all the new cars and driver line ups and what not. Should be good!

Sneak peak at SBR cars, I think they look good! Interesting that they've gone for the same design but with different colours, and the Courtney car reminds me of the Betta cars a bit

DJR look very nice:

New Sirromet car- just swapped black with white:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy