Posted by: Guimengo
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nah!, he's just another rossi's fanboy
>
> Well done for Nicky, hard worker and quick when
> needed to, he was going for the win, if it wasn't
> because they told him that rossi was off

Slash if you are on about me I'd ask you to remove your comment as you are quite mistaken. I don't wish to see such thing written again.
Re: MotoGP - Rossi v Hayden *SPOILER*
Date: November 01, 2006 01:31AM
Posted by: keiran
bestobritish Wrote:
> best bike thats debatable to be honest. This year
> its been very equal between honda and yamaha and
> when the bridgestones were working ducati. Hayden
> had alot of trouble over the year with his bike
> (and yes i know rossi did) as he was constantly
> running a proto type bike with bits they were
> testing at race weekends.

Then you could argue as to where the other Yahamas are when Rossi is up the sharp end? Estoril is the only race I can remember seeing Edwards on the sister bike actually within seeing distance of Rossi. Can't remember if it was this year or last but I remember Rossi saying something like, "If it's one Honda in front I can deal with it, but if there's more I'm in trouble". Not the exact phrase but something along that lines where he was reflecting on how much tyre he was using early on in the race to try keep up with the Hondas.

All the bikes on the grid are prototypes. I'd be surprised if Rossi wasn't getting new bits on his bike nearly ever race weekend to try keep up with the Hondas. You can't deny Rossi had a lot more trouble with the bike compared to the Honda riders were. Two engine failures and a tyre failure. A lot of the time that Yahama didn't look as comfortable as the Honda, straight line speeds at most circuits it is pretty far behind, last race about 7km/h.

Credit where its due Hayden got the job done. Some how though I reckon Rossi will bounce back stronger than ever on the 800s.

- What Rossi had to say after the race, got to admire the guy for actually being able to admit his mistakes and be so sporting.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2006 01:33AM by keiran.
Date: November 04, 2006 04:39PM
Posted by: anze89
bestobritish Wrote:
> best bike thats debatable to be honest. This year
> its been very equal between honda and yamaha and
> when the bridgestones were working ducati. Hayden
> had alot of trouble over the year with his bike
> (and yes i know rossi did) as he was constantly
> running a proto type bike with bits they were
> testing at race weekends.

best bike this year was honda, ducati was very close, then a big gap to yamaha, suzuki and kawasaki

If Rossi would be on a Ducati or a Honda, then the championship would be decided in his favour a few races before the end of the season.

Date: November 04, 2006 06:42PM
Posted by: bestobritish
the ducati was only close when the bridgestones decided they wanted to work, estoril was an obvious example of this when the factory bikes were beaten by the privatiers (spelling?).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 04, 2006 07:48PM
Posted by: anze89
bestobritish Wrote:
> the ducati was only close when the bridgestones
> decided they wanted to work, estoril was an
> obvious example of this when the factory bikes
> were beaten by the privatiers (spelling?).

it wouldn't matter if rossi would ride for them they would be champions, that's sure. Capirossi and hayden had the same amount of points at barcelona, then capirossi got injured and he couldn't ride the next 3 races at 100%. If he could ride at 100% he could be the champion (at the end he was less than 25 points behind hayden).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy