MotoGP - Rossi v Hayden *SPOILER*

Posted by Peat 
MotoGP - Rossi v Hayden *SPOILER*
Date: October 29, 2006 02:15PM
Posted by: Peat
OMG!!

Cant believe Rossi has dropped it! He needs a miracle now!

Re: MotoGP - Rossi v Hayden *SPOILER*
Date: October 29, 2006 02:59PM
Hayden has done it!!!
Incredible!

Date: October 29, 2006 03:04PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
LOL @ rossi he f*cked that 1 up!! well done hayden :D

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 29, 2006 03:08PM
Posted by: tripleM
More like :-o @ Rossi

Yay for Troy

Yay for Nicky

Date: October 29, 2006 03:20PM
Posted by: keiran
Well done to Hayden.

Gutted for Rossi, what a fight back that has been from him all season long. Two engine failures and one tyre failure was such a huge draw back to his title challenge. Was it not something like 51 points he closed down with 6-9 (can't remember exactly how many rounds :p) rounds left?

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2006 03:21PM by keiran.
Date: October 29, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: LS.
Any news on what caused Rossi to come off?

The commentators said they'd check with the teams afterward about the telemetry readings.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 29, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: gav
As the bike was good enough for race-leading pace afterwards, I don't imagine there was a 'cause' as such - just pushing too hard. Stupid, stupid mistake - all he basically had to do was stay on...
Date: October 29, 2006 05:25PM
Posted by: LS.
they were saying he was off the pace in the warm up or something and it was tyre related,

just wondered

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 29, 2006 05:37PM
Posted by: keiran
He looked to be on his back foot to me. On average he was about 7km/h slower than the Ducatis and Hondas coming in a distant 15th on the top speed chart. Then about half a second off the times Hayden was able to put in and still a fair bit off the Hondas in between.

At that moment in time I'm pretty sure if the flag came out Rossi was going to lose the championship because Hayden was 2nd and Rossi 5th *I think*. If he wasn't then it must have been close in points.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2006 05:58PM by keiran.
Date: October 29, 2006 06:47PM
Posted by: Diax F1
He was actually 7th.

If the flag had come out, Hayden would have won it anyway.
Date: October 29, 2006 07:20PM
Posted by: bestobritish
im still in shock that Rossi chucked it down the road. Fair play to nicky though, he did a great, consistent job all year long, I think he only had 1 DNF when he got taken out by Pedrossa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 31, 2006 10:08AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I am upset because Hayden is not worthy of winning a championship.
Date: October 31, 2006 11:44AM
Bullcrap Gui. Absolute tosh!

You dont win championships by mistake.

Date: October 31, 2006 02:25PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Rossi was the best driver of the season but sadly his bike wasn't as good as honda's .
Date: October 31, 2006 03:56PM
Posted by: ralv585
i watched the last two rounds, and for it was a better finale than F1, it had more drama and more passion.

the emotion on haydens face in estoril when he crashed out was heartbreaking, and to see hi win and celebrate last sunday brought tears to my eyes. he summed it up brilliantly in the interview after, he wasn't always the fastest, but he tried his best in every session, every race, and he deserves the title.

rossi will be back next year, and is probably the only champion people want to see keep on winning, in f1 no one wants schumacher or alonso, but in moto gp, its only rossi they want to win, i think its called charisma, the thing that f1 drivers lack!

Date: October 31, 2006 04:29PM
Posted by: gav
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rossi was the best driver of the season but sadly
> his bike wasn't as good as honda's .

Not convinced he was the best, but obviously he was by far the fastest. You could argue he was fastest at the expense of potentially throwing it down more than Hayden, which he did.

Pretty much all of his title's Rossi has deserved, but I do think the final outcome was right between the 2 this season. Perhaps if Capirossi or Melandri hadn't fallen it may have been different (if not for anything else because they could have taken more points away from the eventual contenders).
Date: October 31, 2006 06:07PM
gui you are talking shite, exmpain your comments

Date: October 31, 2006 08:19PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hayden had the best bike of the field for most of the season (Ducati had a nice, strong finish) and yet he only managed two wins and several times finished in low top 10 results. He's just a somewhat good rider, nothing more about him. He suffered to win the title over a guy with a bad bike and who had an amazing comeback during the season. Nicky isn't championship material, if it wasn't to be Rossi at least let it be Capirossi.
Date: October 31, 2006 08:20PM
Posted by: Slash
Nah!, he's just another rossi's fanboy

Well done for Nicky, hard worker and quick when needed to, he was going for the win, if it wasn't because they told him that rossi was off
Date: October 31, 2006 09:43PM
best bike thats debatable to be honest. This year its been very equal between honda and yamaha and when the bridgestones were working ducati. Hayden had alot of trouble over the year with his bike (and yes i know rossi did) as he was constantly running a proto type bike with bits they were testing at race weekends.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy