JPM Nascar: ARCA Test video & news see pg 2

Posted by damunoz 
Re: JPM Nascar: Tally test photos
Date: October 04, 2006 02:31AM
Posted by: JPMrules
Has any Formula One driver gone that low in such a short time??? (Fro driving a McLaren in June to an ARCA Cup car in October)
Date: October 04, 2006 04:08AM
"FOOD WORLD 250" the name speaks for itself
Date: October 04, 2006 09:30AM
Posted by: senninho
Yuji Ide went straight back to Nippon, and a couple of Minardi drivers have dropped back to F3000/GP2, but i can't think of anyone that's dropped 'lower' than that.

Date: October 04, 2006 10:32AM
Posted by: gav
Anyone who's dropped into BTCC ;)
Date: October 05, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: damunoz
Two new things about JPM:

ARCA Test Video:
[www.speedtv.com]

Montoya Tests NEXTEL Cup Car at Kentucky Speedway
[www.chipganassiracing.com]

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Re: JPM Nascar: ARCA Test video & news see pg 2
Date: October 05, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Christ, i HAD to come back to correct the n00bism in this thread.

No driver may start a NASCAR Nextel Cup sanctioned Superspeedway race without prior experience in another event. Paul Tracy, Boris Said etc all ran ARCA/Busch/Truck races before being allowed to enter a Nextel Cup event.

Quite simply, Montoya isnt ALLOWED to start a Talladega Nextel/Busch race since he has no experience on such a track in such a car. No driver is allowed to drive in such a race with experience, no matter who he is.

And ARCA isnt as big a drop as something like Nippon. yes its several series lower than Nextel Cup, but it isnt such a massive drop compared to European Series. The gap between Nextel and ARCA is more like the gap between F1 and GP2. There may be several series between (Trucks and Busch), but that doesnt make ARCA such a massive drop. ARCA allows Nextel Cup spec cars to be entered, so the cars themselves are pretty much the same.

Montoya running the ARCA Talladega race without causing an accident will qualify him for most Nextel Cup events, including the Daytona 500 which he wouldnt be allowed to run if he hadnt run the Talladega race. By the end of the year he will have ran a Stock Car on every track except a Road Course (which he is already qualified for), allowing him a full season of competition next year.

So hes running ARCA? Who cares. Its not a big drop, and its only being done to allow him entry into the Nextel Cup, not as a career move.

*leaves after putting n00bs inplace*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 05, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
here here.

Date: October 05, 2006 06:12PM
Posted by: bestobritish
wow for once i agree with dave :-0

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 05, 2006 08:03PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
Why does someone with a name like JPMrules have no idea about jpms present career? it should be ovious to even dumb ignorants that he is racing the lower series to be allowed into the top series. its also good practice having driven single seaters for so long.
Date: October 05, 2006 09:44PM
Why do people still think this was just a career move??
He failed in F1, and disguised his failure in a move to NASCAR.
I know he must get experience, even if that means racing lower categories.
It's just sad to see a guy like Montoya waste a chance in the best Formula 1 team ever, to go race these ugly, big and boring cup cars.
Date: October 05, 2006 09:51PM
Posted by: tripleM
Who was it that called it a career move?

Nobody in this thread as far as i can see.

Everybody understands that he signed to drive in NASCAR and the ARCA race is just to get experience.

And ARCA is drop down, not as much in terms of equipment but more in terms of actual competition, both teams and drivers.

Date: October 05, 2006 10:29PM
Posted by: Morbid
Has a forumer ever had such a huge amount of incongruence in their log-in name and the content of their posts?

If you would grow up, you would know, that if you support a team or an athlete you do it, even when things are not going as you would like them. Supporting someone because it might give you bragging rights in the future is just using an athlete as a pivot for bragging rights you never earned. Turning vicious on your pivot when the gamble didn't pan out makes you look like a real life version of Eric Cartman.

JPMrules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has any Formula One driver gone that low in such a
> short time??? (Fro driving a McLaren in June to an
> ARCA Cup car in October)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 05, 2006 10:34PM
Posted by: chet
Its been said before hasnt it, that JPM needs to do this before he can race in the blahblhah cup? In a previous thread.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 05, 2006 11:47PM
JPMrules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do people still think this was just a career
> move??
> He failed in F1, and disguised his failure in a
> move to NASCAR.
> I know he must get experience, even if that means
> racing lower categories.
> It's just sad to see a guy like Montoya waste a
> chance in the best Formula 1 team ever, to go race
> these ugly, big and boring cup cars.

Well JPMrules, from my point of view Montoya doesn't fail in F1 at all, in this case you can say that all F1 drivers but MS and FA had failed in F1 in the last 6 years...

He said many times that his F1 career is already done and he's tired about the ambient of the circus, now with the Nascar ride he can receive more goods things: complete team support, more money (yes it's true), american lifestyle, huge fan support...

Montoya said some weeks ago if Renault had offered to him the seat that now has HK, Juan would be now negotiating with them or perhaps already he would be confirmed for the 2007, because is preferable to be in a winning team instead of being rowing with the rest... and Ganassi team is one of the best Nascar teams...
Date: October 05, 2006 11:49PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Ganassi team is one of the 10, rather 15 best Nascar teams..."

There.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2006 11:51PM by tripleM.
Date: October 06, 2006 01:45AM
I still hold my forum log-in name because I think he was a great driver from 1999 until 2004 and because I can't change it without opening a new account. (Unless someone knows how to change it without doing that)
Date: October 06, 2006 05:35AM
Posted by: calimbo
wow, Montoya to start second tomorrow!! in just his first race should be good, but I don't know how much...Good for him anyway.
Date: October 06, 2006 05:44AM
From ARCAracing.com:

"Formula 1 veteran Montoya, who has entered this weekend’s ARCA RE/MAX Series race to help make the transition from open wheel cars to stock cars, qualified second in a No. 4 Texaco-Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing. Montoya, with an average speed of 189.451 mph, missed the pole by one, one-hundredth of a second."

Official Starting Grid, Food World 250
Top 5

POS NO DRIVER/HOMETOWN TEAM & CAR TIME SPEED
1 5 Bobby Gerhart/Lebanon PA Lucas Oil Chevrolet 50.537 189.485
2 4 Juan Montoya/Bogota Colombia Texaco-Havoline Dodge 50.546 189.451
3 9 Matt Hagans/Indianapolis IN Eagle Creek Aviation-1st Wing Aircraft Mgt Dodge 50.612 189.204
4 46 Frank Kimmel/Clarksville IN Pork The Other White Meat Ford 50.868 188.252
5 7 AJ Henriksen/Mooresville NC Engineered Components Chevrolet 50.910 188.097

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: October 06, 2006 06:42AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
now to see if he can do a whole race in ARCA

Date: October 06, 2006 05:30PM
Posted by: mikef1
Good to see him quick straight away, hope he has a good race!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy