Slipstream

Posted by ArniV8 
Slipstream
Date: January 03, 2012 07:35PM
Posted by: ArniV8
Question: Is it possible to edit the strenght of the slipstream in GP3?
Re: Slipstream
Date: January 03, 2012 08:54PM
Posted by: Zieli
What I know, not directly. Try to change the value of air resistance in the magic data file.
A higher value means less air resistance
Date: January 03, 2012 11:35PM
Thanks! I would test it tomorrow!
On oval tracks or tracks like Avus, Goodwood, i don´t like to see that the first 2, 3 or 4 cars (McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull) are faster than the midfield cars in the slipstream.
I made all cars and drivers in the race equal strong (with gp3edit), but the Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull drivers needs two or three laps and than will be the leading gap bigger and bigger and then there is the problem that the distance between the leading cars is too big and there will be no duels, because the cars are driving the same lap time and a two seconds gap will be a two seconds gap until the end of the race.
On tracks like Avus, I would like to see slipstream racing like Formula 3 in the 90s. (Avus, Thruxton, Snetterton)
Is it possible to slow down the leading car without slipstream.
It cannot be, that a driver win on a oval with a margin of 5 or 10 seconds in a 30 minutes race.
I would like to see a foto finish!
Any ideas?

(I hope my english is good enough)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 11:58PM by ArniV8.
Date: January 05, 2012 10:40AM
Posted by: Zieli
I don't think, this is a slipstream problem.
Just an idea for a solution: No pit stops, a little gradient on the race performance of the cars, an inverted gradient on the qualifying performance
Date: January 06, 2012 04:15PM
I tested the air resistance extremly!
At the beginning it is better, after 6 or 7 laps is the gap to big and than it will be the same!
All cars and drivers have the same abilty range, performance and horsepower, same tyre and no pitstops!

"a little gradient on the race performance of the cars, an inverted gradient on the qualifying performance"

Okay, now I think that´s the only chance, thanks for your idea!
Date: January 06, 2012 05:53PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
i think the oval concept (as well as the full speed concept, see insanely long straight tracks) can't be applied easily on gp3. gp3 is a sort of mathematic exercise, bigger number gives higher speed and it carries the thing in every single lap. There is no human factor, in normal tracks incidents, hard overtakes and blockings may delay the obvious but in oval you dont have them.
by experiment to make oval racing interesting i used to apply divisions of the gap expecially the bph. for grip so that a 2.00% gap becomes 1.00%. qualifying gap should be 1.50% first to last driver, while race gap shouldn't be higher than 1.00%. Bph i used to divide by X the gap so that the slowest engine si not over the 20bph gap. Lapping over and over will still result in setting back again who is top car and who is backmacker but slower than usual rather than after 7 laps. Another variable can be the pit window. As the pitstops are assigned randomly making a wider range to pit may result in interesting situations like a top car running heavier than a middle car which gives hi something to worry about for a bunch of laps.

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 05:57PM by R_Scandura.
Date: January 08, 2012 11:45PM
Thanks for your support!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy