Editing GP3 2000 again

Posted by cynic 
Editing GP3 2000 again
Date: February 18, 2003 03:21AM
Posted by: cynic
OK guys, this is what I want to do next:

I would like to run a 1989 season on GP3 2000. I have Loren Thomas' excellent 1989 carset for GP3 v1.13, I also have Carset creator and gpx patch for GP3 2000.

I would like to set the carset up so that I have, say, the top 8 teams running two cars, and then using the remaining 3 team slots to split into 6 teams running 1 car. I know the teams can support two liveries as seen in PE's Cart and RH's work, but am aware that Carset creator only supports two liveries for the first team (Mclaren). So I guess I would have to use GPX patch.

Firstly, is this possible? Secondly, can anyone give me an idiot proof guide to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Cynic.
Re: Editing GP3 2000 again
Date: February 18, 2003 09:48AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
we'll have to get jon in for that.... JON!!!

Date: February 18, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: tux
ill awnser as i read :P

yeah, csc only supports mclaren with 2 skins.

not sure this is posisble

Date: February 19, 2003 02:15PM
Don't get me wrong, I know I have to make do with 11 teams, I just want the last couple to run with two different liveries. Still not possible?
Date: February 19, 2003 04:04PM
Posted by: john-nicholas
No---It's possible. Use PE's Cart 2002 carset as a guide.
Date: February 21, 2003 11:58AM
PE's Cart carset is quite a complicated monster, because it has individual updates for all races etc. Does anyone have any simpler advice?
Date: February 23, 2003 01:44AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
The CART 2002 carset may be complicated, but what you have to do is look at the Default directory as being the "base". The IRL GP3-2K and F3000 GP3-2K carsets are just that - one performance file and one set of .jam files.

You wanted an idiot's guide - well, I'm not saying that this is that, but what you can do is start with a GP3 carset in GP3Edit. Export that to your GP3 installation, then copy the helmet (software AND hardware) jams across to GP3-2K, then copy all the car and cockpit jams across, (hardware OR software, depending on how you're running it). Check out how I install them in the different directories, to avoid confusion - I also rename them, so I can work out which car is which!

Repeat this process with your alternate cars - you only need to copy the helmets once.

Save the performance file out of GP3Edit as a .txt file and move it into your GPxPatch folder.

Point GPxPatch at the relevant .jams and you should be in business. Tyres are a lot more complicated, but the same principle applies - if it works in GP3, you can get it to work in GP3-2K

Hope that helps

Date: February 23, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: Montoya
Is there any kind of tool I can use to disable 1 team so i'm left with 20?
Is there any kind of tool I can use to disable 2 tracks so i'm left with 15?

Post Edited (02-23-03 09:49)

Paul Willins
Date: February 23, 2003 04:45AM
Thanks for the help Smoking Pen - just the sort of advice I was after. :)

I will give it a try.

Regards

Cynic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy