Graphics Problems

Posted by AndrewM 
Graphics Problems
Date: February 15, 2003 11:49PM
Posted by: AndrewM
hello everybody

heres the story:when grandprix 3 first came out i rushed out and purchased a copy, it worked fine,
a few months ago i got a newer computer and put grand prix 3 on it, it has a intel i8210 graphics chip in it, i couldnt run grand prix 3 in hardware mode with this chip but i found a hardware emulation patch on this site which i used and it worked perfectly it hardware mode.
now recently i had a virus and had to format my hard drive. but i formatted it without realising that i had lost my grand prix 3 cd and wouldnt be able to re-install it. so i went out and bought another copy and installed it. when i put the hardware emulation patch on, and i play the games, all the objects that arent sqaure have a light blue colour surrounding them, this didnt occur with my old copy of grand prix 3. how do i get rid of the blue colour???
any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
andrew
Re: Graphics Problems
Date: February 16, 2003 09:14AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Erm nothing really to suggest except are you in hardware mode in the game ? :s

Date: February 17, 2003 02:12AM
heres a screen shot which shows what im talking about:
[members.optusnet.com.au]

Date: February 17, 2003 04:46AM
Posted by: Colin
It looks like a conflict in resolutions - try lowering the screen resolution
also try turning off your 3d acclerator and see if it still happens
Colin
Date: February 17, 2003 05:15AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
That turquoise color should be transparent in GP3. Your system obviously doesn't recognize it as such and insists on displaying it instead.

Does this happen if you run the game in software mode?
If so, then it would probably be a problem with your graphics card.
Date: February 17, 2003 12:35PM
Posted by: Covfan
have you patched GP3 to V1.13 . I also got this problem because I upgraded my graphics card. With is also a intel 82810. I also share your pain :-(
Date: February 19, 2003 12:21AM
no it doesnt work it software mode it just has a darker colour, also the game has been patched to v1.13. im so confused it used to work before and i havent changed anything on my computer!!!
Date: February 19, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: quickslick
Hi, in your GP folder there is a file called 'card text' in which is your graphic
card listet. Open this text and write under card: altcolorkey=0 . This should solve your probleme. Before you do this, you must backup the card text file, you can overwrite your changes then if something goes wrong.
Date: February 19, 2003 08:40AM
Posted by: sasjag
lol i had this problem, there's a specific set of drivers you need, and it eliminates the problem, v5 are the one's you want. i played GP3 with that patch you are talking about with these drivers fine

i'll try find them for ya

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 22, 2003 12:58AM
hey every1
altcolorkey=0 didnt work:(
sasjag....do you think you could get these drivers for me..it would be very greatly apreciated! thanks every1 so far for all your help
Date: February 23, 2003 01:25AM
Posted by: b-tone
i've lost the use of 'C' key in game to display tv style timings.

how do i get it back?!??

ta.
Date: February 23, 2003 05:55AM
Posted by: sasjag
AndrewM - i did a qucik search on the net but couldn't find them, i will have a nothe rlook for you some time as i should have them on a disk somewhere

have u updated your drivers at all since you got the PC, coz mine were the default drivers

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy