GP3Edit - won't update GP3

Posted by silverchamp 
GP3Edit - won't update GP3
Date: June 23, 2011 09:41PM
Posted by: silverchamp
I have recently decided to start playing GP3 again after a few years off. I have reinstalled the game, updated to 1.13, decrypted the GP3.exe and installed the no-cd patch, apparently with success.

I have the latest version of GPxpatch, as well as GP3Edit installed.

However, when I try to patch GP3 with a new carset, none of the images find their way into the game. I am therefore stuck with the GP3 standard 1998 liveries, drivers, crash helmets etc, although it seems that the performance parameters have been updated as the grid order is not as per the standard game.

I have tried exporting each bmp individually, and when I click "export", it says that the file has been successfully updated. Equally, if I open GP3Edit and select "import", it imports the carset that I have tried to update it with.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to resolve it? Any help would be much appreciated.

If relevant, I am running GP3 in Vista, but running in compatibility mode for XP SP2.

Regards,

Silverchamp
Re: GP3Edit - won't update GP3
Date: June 23, 2011 11:56PM
Posted by: Mick-Sut
right click the folder and make sure the files and folders are not read only
as Vista seems to do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 11:57PM by Mick-Sut.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy