difference beetwen one stop and two stop strategy

Posted by Philip00 
difference beetwen one stop and two stop strategy
Date: May 31, 2011 07:31PM
Posted by: Philip00
Hi all!
My problem is too much difference (in lap time) beetween the ai who run one stop strategy and the ai who run 2 stop strategy. My uestion is what could i rewrite in the magic data if i want to decrase the difference?
Please help!
Sorry For my bad English
Philip
I use the GP3PitEd, modified the percentage of pit-stops
not only for your car also for the opponents managed by the pc.

[www.megaupload.com]
No, iknow this, but not that the problem
I mean in laptimes for example, "X" doing 2 stop strategy and he is 1.8 second faster per lap than "Y" who doing 1 stop strategy. I want to decrase the gap per lap. Now maybe clear my question:)
Please help and sorry for my bad English
Philip
I think I understand your question
I speak from my own experience

I agree with you I think the difference is not so much on new tires and gasoline loaded with used tires and fuel discharged.

Only in the first 2 laps after the change is appreciated better grip of the car.

Even so you're the one who decide your own strategy (even in the race).

Although the previous 1.2 or 3 stops decide.
At the pit stop, you can decide if there will be another stop more or strips to the end. Seeing the differences and the rest stops
(Pausing the game and checking the amount of fuel from rivals, and then returning to play with the information)

the maximum time must be won back to back on track

I understand your English through Google xd, xd
:) i talking about the ai, not me, maybe i can modify the fuel weight, because the ai who run with one stop strategy has no chance to win a race or finish in the podium, because the others(who run with 2 stop strategy) beat him 1.8 second per lap. And i want to change this. I know my english is bad but i hope now understand it, and thank you to try help me:)
I solved the problem in this way: i have all AI and myself on the same pitstop strategy.
The tyre consumption, but in general the original physic file of GP3, don't allow AI (and you) to have good lap times in the last part of each stint, so the performance gets worse and worse, and the AI with only 1 stop are usually very slow at th end of the race, just due to tyre wear.
You can change the tyre compound in MD, increasing the value for soft and hard tyres, so that you have a harder compund and it should last more laps, but:
- not too much, and
- not too much difference between hard and soft (usually 1 or 2) or you will experiment very strange effects (try, it is quite funny, i did it...)
In the MD there is not, at least for what i know, a value for the fuel wheight, but for the fuel load (how much fuel in the tank, ok it means even how much wheight) but this value has to be set with another value: fuel consumption to have the right fuel consumption, so to have the fuel loaded for 1 lap lasts 1 lap, and having no problems with:
- AI (or you) finishing the race with a lot of fuel in the tank
- AI (or you, and it happened to me) finishing the fuel or having to do an extra pitstop for a "splash and go".
Hope this can help you.
Claudio
Ohh Thank you very much, now clear almost everything:)
In Magic data the original number in the tyre compund soft tyre is 53. So if i raise this number the tyre wear will be less?
is it possible to edit something such that all ai start with same fuel load?

Kimi forever!
There is a value in the magic data called CC Shuffler. The lower this number is set the faster the cars will go as the fuel reduces.

For example, I used Kyalami old layout and set CC Shuffler=0. First lap time was 1:06.0xx for the fastest car. Before the only pit stop on lap 40 the same car did a lap of 1:04.6xx.
Setting the CC Shuffle=3300 gave lap times with little variation from start to pit stop. CC Shuffler= 7500 makes lap times increase by about 1.5s over 40 laps.

Anyway, might be an idea to play with this value, you can get just about any result you want...

Race Start - 2-Stop Car is faster by 0.5s per lap
Lap 20 - 2 Stop car pits with 10 second lead. 1 stop car moves into 20 second lead.
Lap 20-30 - Lap times are the same between 1-stop car and 2-stop car
Lap 30 - 1 stop car pits with 20 second lead. 2-stop car moves into 10 second lead
Lap 30-40 - 2 stop car is faster by 0.25s per lap
Lap 40 - 2-stop car pits with 12.5 second lead. 1 stop car moves into 17.5s lead
Lap 40-60 - 2-stop car is faster by 0.66s per lap.
Lap 60 - 1-stop car wins by 4.2s.

You just need to find the perfect value of CC Shuffler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
ohh man now i understand:)
Thank you very much:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy