1977 Trackpack

Posted by ettore 
1977 Trackpack
Date: May 21, 2011 07:05PM
Posted by: ettore
Hello drivers! I just finished the 1977 season of F1. during the season I changed most of the
tracks, watching the Grand Prix videos and onboards. So I thought of doing a Trackpack and put
everything on the grandprixgames.org site. However, I need permission to publish the various
circuits .. I make a list of the authors of the circuits that have not been able to contact and maybe if
I meet through this site:

TRACK AUTHOR

hockenheim abcdefg
monza ->

jarama
long beach
osterreichring -> Starchild
kyalami
zandvoort
Fuji

buenos aires -> Augusto E. Dewey

watkins glen -> Marcos Gauguin

mosport -> Malcolm Styles

Interlagos '73 -> ???

Of these circuits, in general, I modified some of these things: track height, banking, cc-line, some
part of the track, scenario, put/delete some objects and changed texture. Of Mosport circuit I just imported to GP2 to GP3, trying to do my best ..I can send files to the authors of these circuits, if they want. Thanks in advance for your response (I hope!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 11:15PM by ettore.
Re: 1977 Trackpack
Date: May 24, 2011 04:54PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Great idea!
I'm going to begin a 1980 F1 season and i am thinking of doing the same with some track (i have already start modding Interlagos, long beach, osterreichring...).
I wait for your upload.
Bye
Date: May 24, 2011 05:34PM
Posted by: davidm
I think the majority of these guys no longer visit here. If you have an email in their read me's that may help. I would think it would be okay to credit anyone and make it clear it is their original work and you are just assembling a trackpack with some edits.
Date: May 24, 2011 05:42PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Ye I'd say for the people that aren't active anymores just release/use their work but make it very clear the original track & jams are not your work.

I'm sure if you do that, nobody will moan.

:D

i for one am very excited for you to release it tbh lol

Date: May 25, 2011 04:01PM
Posted by: Joey Marlboro
Ettore, you say you import the Mosport track from GP2 to GP3. How do you do? There's a site [www.grandprix2.de], with so many wonderful GP2 tracks. Many tracks I wish to play in GP3 but I don't know how to import. I try to read the Scandura's tutorial but it didn't work.

Thanks for your attention.

Joey Marlboro
Date: May 25, 2011 06:09PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I agree: usually it is enough to give the original authors the credits.
We are a great community, i think nobody will complain if you give them the credits.
Date: May 25, 2011 11:29PM
Ok drivers, I wait a little longer. Then with the consent of all (and the help!) put this circuit Trackpack edited.
Joey Marlboro, if you want to import the circuits in GP3 from GP2 need to know is easy to import the layout, but no textures and objects, at least for me. I'll settle for running, although it is incomplete..when you run do not mind the details! If you send a short text to import the tracks.
See you soon! Good Race!
Date: May 27, 2011 05:42PM
Well, I'm trying to convert some Brazilian Tracks, like Cascavel, Ribeirão Preto e Salvador. What program do you use to convert the tracks?

Thanks for attention.

Joey
Date: May 27, 2011 10:52PM
Hello Joey Marlboro ! To import a circuit to GP2 you use the Gp3Trackeditor program. Open any gp3 circuit (creates a copy of this circuit). Select FILE from the top menu, choose Import -> GP2TRACK. Here you select the GP2 circuit you want to import. Then after you accept the terms of the editor, select from the choice window :
TRACK IMPORT -> overwrite/prune extra track sections/import cmds/import scenery;
PIT IMPORT -> overwrite/prune extra pit sections/import cmds/import scenery;
CC-LINE IMPORT -> Overwrite/prune extra cc sections.

you do not import anything. Save the circuit, put the right magic for the circuit that you want import and already have the circuit running (some circuits need some adjustment, see the Perform sanity check of gp3trackeditor ..). The rest of the circuit you need to set: textures,objects etc. This is how I know I do. I hope I was clear. Good Race!
Date: May 30, 2011 01:27PM
Posted by: quickslick
great news about the trackpack ettore :)
Date: May 30, 2011 10:48PM
Very very very thanks for your attention and patience.
Date: June 01, 2011 09:48PM
Hello drivers! Ok, no author of the circuits that I wrote I said .. I think they have nothing else to do than play GP3! Then you have all agreed to put the 1977trackpack on this site? I have to ask permission to Mortal?
Then I'd have a little problem .. I have configured the magic files only to gp3 -2000, because I play with that. Is there a case converter magic_2k -> magic for GP3 1.13?
However 77tracks will upload soon, a little patience! good race!
Date: June 01, 2011 10:05PM
yes, this is the converter [www.mediafire.com]
Date: June 03, 2011 12:21AM
quickslick thank you very much, but I maybe I have not explained well. wondering if there's a magic converter to gp3 from gp3_2000 .. thanks again
Date: June 03, 2011 01:39AM
oh yes you explained it well, but i only uploaded the wrong converter, sorry.

This is the right one [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 01:40AM by quickslick.
Date: June 03, 2011 09:41PM
Thanks a lot Quickslick, now okay!
Date: June 05, 2011 01:23PM
Hello drivers! finally here is my 1977trackpack available. I hope you enjoy it. I have edited most of the cc-line, some tracks redone from scratch as Buenos Aires, Österreichring and Fuji. Then I put some adverts '77 and many other details.
I really enjoyed the run this season because the circuits are truly legendary, like Kyalami, the old Hockenheim, Österreichring, Zandvoort, etc. .. very fast and dangerous circuit.
I agree with Belini, the circuit today (by Tilke ..) are not up to F1 ..
Good race!

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 01:25PM by ettore.
Date: June 05, 2011 01:36PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Fine job. Do you still have the dats with GP3-2000 magic data inserted that you could upload? That would be a great help for me. Thanks.

EDIT - never mind, I see you have included the md2 files anyway so it isn't as tedious a job as I expected it to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 01:38PM by St.Hubbins.
Date: June 05, 2011 02:44PM
thank you for your work ettore :)
Date: June 05, 2011 04:58PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy