Car Setup Issues

Posted by pironi14 
Car Setup Issues
Date: April 22, 2011 09:23PM
Posted by: pironi14
Okay this is my first season on Ace Difficulty.

I edited my gear ratio i think it was for a race so i wasnt being swamped on the straights and basically the default setups for each track are gone. So when i travel to the next race it carries over the setup changes i made. Im not very good at setting up cars but understood the gear ratios enough to make myself faster on the straight. Now im stuck as i try to make changes and find myself most of the time 16th or lower but on the right times for that position or 3 seconds off the lead and a further 1.5 seconds off 21st place.

HELP! why has this happened
Re: Car Setup Issues
Date: April 25, 2011 10:18AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Your problem could have 2 very different reasons:
1) car setup
2) Computer Car (CC) setup in the MD file (a text file into every track to setup a lot of values related to the track itself, CC and your car)
So first of all, let me know:
- what tracks are you driving on? I mean, the original ones or custom ones?
If you are using custom tracks, maybe the CC grip and/or power factor is too high, and you have to change a few value. We will analyze it after you answer me.

Now, about the setup. Of course, every track needs a different setup, so the setup you use in Monaco is totally wrong for Monza, just to have an example.
But i need another info: how do you play Gp3? with a steering wheel (maybe a force feedback)? or with a joypad or the keyboard? And how many helps you use? This info is very important, because if you use a keyboard we can use a basic setup, but if you use a wheel, we must use even the level 2 advanced setup menu to set the differential, the packers and the dampers.

So let me know.
Bye, Claudio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy