GP3 on widows 7 64 bit

Posted by brn79 
GP3 on widows 7 64 bit
Date: January 30, 2011 10:48PM
Posted by: brn79
Hi all,

I tried to search for topic like this but didn't found.

does some of you run GP3 on windows 7 64 bit? I tried to install, but after the wizard windows get open it doesn't even start.

any suggestion? please!! I'm really depressed! :) ;)
Re: GP3 on widows 7 64 bit
Date: January 30, 2011 11:05PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Did you try to run the .exe in compatibility mode with windows XP or Windows 98? and also tick the box "run as administrator"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 31, 2011 12:15AM
is that .exe to be downloaded somewhere? sorry, but I'm a newbie, I'm not playing GP3 since years :)
Date: January 31, 2011 01:19AM
Posted by: Excalibur
No, I mean the GP3.exe or the "Setup".exe, if you prefer. The file you run to launch the game... I don't play GP3, I can't help you more.

But click right on this file, go to "Properties", "Compatibility" and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 (or try windows 98 if it doesn't work)
And select also "Run this program as the administrator", click on the Apply button, then ok and try to launch the game.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 31, 2011 09:46AM
ok, thank you very much :)

I will try it on wednesday eve, as I'm not at home :)
Date: February 08, 2011 11:15PM
I succeded in installation, nevertheless, in TCP/IP Multiplayer config I can't load a saved game, so I installed GP3 2000 season, but in XP compatibility mode I can't play and in 98 mode the game doesn't respond quickly to keyboard, so every lap I crash to a wall!

any suggestion? I'm really depressed! :)

thanks and bye!
Date: February 09, 2011 05:03PM
Posted by: Pedersen
GP3 or GP32k doesnt run properly in Windows 7 64bit. Not even if u run it in compatible mode.....
Its to old hehe.

What i would suggest is to install XP on a seperate disk or partion and use that for gp3... :)

and if the game crashes when u start it, close the game and start it again and it works ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy