Updated Milwaukee Mile released

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
Updated Milwaukee Mile released
Date: January 09, 2003 01:33PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
As promised not too long ago, I have update the Milwaukee Mile track available on The Smoking Pen's tracks page.

The updates are:

* All-new CC-line
* Updated Magic Data for the CC-cars
* Increased number of laps - now 125 laps as 100% race distance
* Pitstop window altered to reflect the 70 lap mandatory window run in the 2002 race
* Added a GP3-2000 version in both the Hardware and Software versions

Enjoy!

The Pen

Re: Updated Milwaukee Mile released
Date: January 09, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Sounds good,

How do you manage 125 laps?
Can other oval tracks be made to be able to have races of over 100 laps with no problems?
Date: January 09, 2003 05:38PM
Posted by: Vader
Nice work man, thank you!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 10, 2003 02:39AM
To answer my own question:
It seems that you haven't quite solved the more than 99 laps problem as the sky still turns black at 100 laps.

Lovely track otherwise.
Thank you.
Date: January 10, 2003 07:15AM
Can't we use this effect for a LeMAns 24 hours race?

Note:
- this was a joke. Do not tell me there is no LemAns 24 hours track.
- do not tell me that the sky may turn black but there would be no dawn
- for further complaints send a letter to the known address.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 10, 2003 08:12AM
Posted by: bigears
I done a Le Mans 24hours style race on the Bugatti tracks (Day and night tracks) It was pure hell and 250 laps all together!

I came 3rd in the day track and crashed out in the Night track after a brief moment of brainfade.

Overall I came 5th.

I would love to see a Le Mans Sarthe track (unchicaned of course!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 11, 2003 02:32AM
There are three splendid different addon versions of the Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe (much more accurate and better than the "Le Mans 24 Hours" game version) for Sports Car GT (two of which, 1986 and 1989, are without chicanes). All of these tracks have both day and night versions, and wet versions of both (with really splendid falling rain about as good as GP3's {and actually emabarassingly much better than the "rain" in EA's F1 2001} now available as an addon!). Alas, the addon day-to-night transition for Sports Car GT tracks doesn't seem to do much of anything noticeable.

There are also a mess of addon cars for Sports Car GT, the real versions of which actually raced at the 24 Heures du Man races from 1955 to 2002.

Other Sports Car GT addons allow you to have races of up to 72 hours in duration.

Sports Car GT now also has no less than three addon versions of the Nurburgring Nordschleife (including the combined Nordschleife and Grand Prix 24 hours circuit, 15.721 miles in length), with yet a fourth being worked on.

As Sports Car GT can currently be purchased on e-Bay for about $5.00, I just thought that I would mention a few of this game's attractions that cannot be implemented in Grand Prix 3.
Date: January 11, 2003 05:36AM
*sends some of his lesser demons to the archives deep in the dungeons under his castle to find SCGT*

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 11, 2003 06:24AM
Posted by: bigears
I have been looking for SCGT. It is very difficult to find one. Might well try ebay then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 11, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
I will confess that I hadn't run a 100% race before releasing the circuit, so I hadn't seen the sky go out - that said, the sky goes black well after 100 laps on my machine.

I'm pretty sure that there's nothing I can do about it - you want the extra laps, you'll have to do without the sky. That said, I did read somewhere that they might be running the Milwaukee race under floodlights this year, in which case I'm simply ahead of myself for once!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy