human player's performance

Posted by savinaclaudio 
human player's performance
Date: September 23, 2010 10:56AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Really sorry to bother you with such an old issue, but i need your help.
So, i play gp3 1.13 and patched it with Belini grip patch, power team dependent option on, and now i don't have 16384 grip any more but use the grip of the performance file.
But to have the same performance of my team mate (grip 15990) i have to set a much more lower value for my car (even 14000).
So my question is: which is your experience, and what value do you set?
It seems that, anyway, the human player is treated in a different way, as if i use the same value of my team mate (grip 15990 and 750 BHP, the best being 16270 and 800 BHP) i easily take the pole.
What do you think?
Thanks and bye.
Claudio
Re: human player's performance
Date: September 23, 2010 02:35PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Well, even with the max power (16384), I use to get some hard times against CCs in Ace Level...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: September 24, 2010 02:04AM
Posted by: belini
it all depends on how the tracks magic data is programmed
first suggestion is try running with exactly the same wing/gear settings as the ai
if that doesn't do the job, give yourself 16384 grip and the same bhp/wing/gears
as the pole sitter, do a few qualifying sessions reducing your grip until you
just get pole.

so for example you set pole with 2000 grip less than the 16384 default, with a bit
of luck subtracting 2000 from 15990 will get you qualifying closer to your team
mate, this should work for any car you want to drive on that track.

also make sure your random grip value (range in gp3 edit) is set to zero when you're
working out your grip level as this does make a difference when using the grip patch

if you want to get your hands really dirty, get stuck into the magic data, set up the ai
wing level and gears, than use the same setup for your car with 16384 grip optimum
bhp, take notice of your top speed

now the tricky bit, you need to edit both these values

desc20=ride height - lowering the value has the effect of raising your cars ride height
desc21=air resistance (a value of 10 desc 20 = value of around 150/170 for desc 21)

if you lower desc 20 then you also need to lower desc 21 as it effects your top speed

try lowering desc 20 by 50 and desc 21 by 750, go out on track and match you're
top speed altering desc 21 value, then try another q session and repeat process until
your just on pole, now you should get the right performance from any car you want to
drive on the grid.

after all that, make sure your fuel consumption is correct, altering these values will
change fuel usage

this of course take a lot of time but it's worth it

pk

Date: September 24, 2010 10:20AM
Thanks.
@Belini
Yes, i use the same AI setup for wing and gears.
And i have already test your first advice, this way.
Every AI 1st drivers grip 16384 and 0 range, 2nd drivers 16294 and 0 range; cc grip 10.000, cc engine 10.000. Reduced my grip until i just can take the pole with an almost perfect lap. Calculated the difference between 16.384 and my new grip (14.750) = 1.634 and set to 1.500 considering i was racing on a oval (Homestead).
Applied the new grip value to the performance file of the season, and after the friday free practice i'm 11th and my teammate 12th separated by a few thousands od a second.
So it seems to work. And qual and race will be really really hard.
Now i'll test even on road courses, and will see, but i think this can be a good way.
Bye

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 04:57PM by savinaclaudio.
Date: November 04, 2010 09:52AM
@belini
Sorry Paul to bother you again, but there is something i can't (or i am not able to) understand about the trick you gave me.
For what i know, desc 20 and desc21 affetc both CC and human player's car, so i don't understand what you mean when you say:
>now the tricky bit, you need to edit both these
> values
> desc20=ride height - lowering the value has the effect of raising your cars ride height
> desc21=air resistance (a value of 10 desc 20 = value of around 150/170 for desc 21)
> if you lower desc 20 then you also need to lower desc 21 as it effects your top speed
> try lowering desc 20 by 50 and desc 21 by 750, go out on track and match you're
> top speed altering desc 21 value, then try another q session and repeat process until
> your just on pole, now you should get the right performance from any car you want to drive on the grid.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Bye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy