Gp3 2k works fine but not with GpxPatch

Posted by ivocalha 
Gp3 2k works fine but not with GpxPatch
Date: September 20, 2010 03:36PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Hi guys!

Once again, new computer, new problem re-starting to play the game.

This time everything works fine if i load Gp32k directly from his .exe file, but if i start the game using the latest GpxPatch version the game loads ok but when I go to the track the screen appears without any background, trackside, carshape and livery graphics.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and a good solution for it?

If it helps on your analysis i'll load some pictures of the the track via gp32k.exe and via gpxpatch.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
Re: Gp3 2k works fine but not with GpxPatch
Date: September 20, 2010 03:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Have you set the 2k.exe to WinXP SP2/3 mode?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 20, 2010 04:16PM
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you set the 2k.exe to WinXP SP2/3 mode?

Yes i did it...also to Windows 95...and the situation is still the same. But if that was the problem, shouldn't i have also problems when running gp32k.exe without GpxPatch?

It's really odd, cause if i do so, the game is perfect
Date: September 20, 2010 04:36PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Try tapping on F12 a couple of times when you are in the cockpit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: September 20, 2010 05:51PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> Try tapping on F12 a couple of times when you are
> in the cockpit.

Done it, and it changes everytime i tap it, but its not good either.

Anymore suggestions? HEELLLLPPPPP!
Date: September 21, 2010 06:37AM
So much for my first guess. Post up a screenshot please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: September 21, 2010 02:58PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> So much for my first guess. Post up a screenshot
> please.

Here it goes. First using gp3_2000.exe without problems and then with problems after loading the game via GpxPatch:

Date: September 21, 2010 03:08PM
Seems like you have a track set and season set selected in GPxPatch that isn't present on your hard drive.

Date: September 22, 2010 12:08PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> Seems like you have a track set and season set
> selected in GPxPatch that isn't present on your
> hard drive.

Reading your wise words, im pretty sure the problem is on the fine tunning of season.set used by my GpxPatch. I'll download a new carshape and a new carset and will give it a go later in the day. I'll keep you posted....and many thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!
Date: September 22, 2010 02:44PM
SSSSOOOOLLLLVVVVVEEDDDDDDDD!
Date: September 22, 2010 03:01PM
Yay hot

Date: September 22, 2010 04:10PM
Bloody hell....with all the file playing around, now i've got everything perfect with the cars and track, but the helmets now disappeared!

Does anyone know what's the file which generates the helmet in the game? Maybe i've deleted it... (I've the helmets's jam files in all the correct folders)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 04:11PM by ivocalha.
Date: September 22, 2010 04:30PM
helmetsd.jam and helmetse.jam

There should be one of each in both the JamsH/Liveries and Jams/Liveries folders. GPxPatch doesn't have an option to directly locate helmets so you may need to crosscheck inside the season.set file that you are pointing in the correct location. For example, in the 1987 carset I converted the *.set file will read as follows:

[Helmets]
jam01=1987\Helmetsd.jam
jam02=1987\Helmetse.jam

Date: September 22, 2010 06:21PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> helmetsd.jam and helmetse.jam
>
> There should be one of each in both the
> JamsH/Liveries and Jams/Liveries folders. GPxPatch
> doesn't have an option to directly locate helmets
> so you may need to crosscheck inside the
> season.set file that you are pointing in the
> correct location. For example, in the 1987 carset
> I converted the *.set file will read as follows:
>
>
> jam01=1987\Helmetsd.jam
> jam02=1987\Helmetse.jam

And how do you convert the *.set? How do you open it?
Date: September 22, 2010 06:50PM
Open with notepad

Date: September 24, 2010 12:36PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> Open with notepad

St.Hubbins, i'm sorry for constantly act like a baby who doesn't know what to do, but i really im a zero on this and therefore i need to use your good will!

I've opened season.set with wordpad, and changes the lines related with the helmets. Now the question is it doesn't aloow me to save it as a *.set file. What to do?
Date: September 25, 2010 10:16AM
Problem solved! (sometimes im so stupid!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy