God Damn Lapped BLEEP Cars

Posted by pironi14 
God Damn Lapped BLEEP Cars
Date: September 04, 2010 02:15AM
Posted by: pironi14
Okay this is happening too much and despite the fact im on probs my 40th season of GP3 i have to get this off my chest because its drving me mad.

Why in HELL! do cars i've only just this second lapped immediatly try to overtake me at the next corner. I was having a great race at Rideau Falls with Changeable Conditions. Throughout the latter half of the race i was starting to lap cars and while the top 5 were on pace anyone below that was well slow.

So like i say i got to the point to lapping cars (which is hard in the rain) and while i was going through the field i kept having cars i had lapped on the straight at the next corner try to overtake me and i had to block them. So get this i'm on lap 38 of 46, i got to lap 9th place on the straight leading upto the last two corners and the guy comes straight up the inside which i saw and actually got out of the way since its a tight corner but he has the back end step out and i drive into the side of him and well yeah ya guessed it im rolling into the barrier. SERIOUSLY What The @#$%&!! im soo pissed right now as i hadnt saved at all as the conditions of the race were so interesting it didnt cross my mind. So i've had a race win i worked on for 45+mins thrown away thanks to the AI trying to overtake me despite the fact i had just lapped them. Im only on the 6th race and this has happened twice now and im just fed up with it.

Now you might be thinking well why complain now if this has been happening everynow and then for sooo Long. Well while the collsions have been one offs (mostly in the wet) the lapped cars consistency to try and overtake me at the next corner happens everytime i get them on a short straight or in the wet. Its just soo unfair and frustrating.

I watched replays and it seems to me at least that as soon as the flashing blue light of the lapped car goes out its race back on even if they are a lap down. Another thing while im at it , does anyone else find that some cars refuse to get out of the way until a straight the size of a drag strip appears >:(

So anyways im wondering if perhaps there is something i can do about this or even at least that this isnt just a problem i suffer from and that everyones GP3 AI reacts like this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2010 02:19AM by pironi14.
Re: God Damn Lapped BLEEP Cars
Date: September 07, 2010 01:29PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Well, I got a theory... GP3's AI has two modes, regarding how the CC cars behave among themselves and how they do it to the players... What I mean?

Just make a huge mistake in a place with few escape area (a street circuit would be better...) and stand there for a while... The yellow flags will be triggered by around 30 seconds after you stopped and, then, a marshall will remove your car, EVEN IF YOUR CAR IS NOT DEAD... This won't happen with the CC cars... If a CC car make this same, the yellow flags are triggered in the act, but the marshalls won't appear to remove the car, except, of course, if the car is dead or trapped in the gravel...

If you don't got enough, then start a race without selecting a driver... The cars behave as they should: if they're about to be lapped, they move over... The same won't happen about if YOU're about to lap them... Also, another way to notice this is when your car got a mechanical problem and when the same happens to a CC car... While you can drive to the pits with a punctured tyre, a CC car won't be able to do this...

Grand Prix series has some "bugs" which they have since the F1GP... That's concludes another episode on the series: GRAND PRIX 3 - RANDOM BUGS ON RANDOM PCs... Ops, that's another one... ;)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: September 07, 2010 06:13PM
Posted by: Carlitox
That sounds kind of unfair. I remember once driving in old Hockenheimring at full speed (almost 345 km/h), and while trying to overtake Rosset's Tyrrell he suddenly moved and I spectacularly crashed into him. This upset me very much. I had the same problem with GP2 in Adelaide, the difference was that I spun and I was able to return. Anyway, the lapped cars blocked me like they were defending their position. Strange and annoying, isn't it?

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 07, 2010 10:52PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Well if you watch F1 regularly, in real life the back-markers seem to love to hog the racing line then block cars behind who are quicker anyway Virgin, Hispania, Lotus etc on McLaren Ferrari Red Bull etc.

I understand blocking for position but when your a lap behind it should be common curtosy to get the hell of the racing line .

Maybe Geoff Crammond realised that back-markers get in the way MORE than they get out of the way , in real life, so added this to the game?

Just a thought ;p

Date: September 07, 2010 11:30PM
Posted by: abdelkader
I've done lots of seasons in GP3 and noticed the same thing. Well, I save my every race after covering every five laps so to avoid the situation which this thread's author found himself in. I am fully aware of that "unfairness" of AI drivers and I always bear that in mind while lapping them. I GENERALLY manage to lap them without major problems...However, when some of them are explicitly persistent in blocking my way...I use "PIT" manouver which is used mainly by the police. Well - if AI isn't fair to me, I can be unfair to AI :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2010 11:31PM by abdelkader.
Date: September 08, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: pironi14
abdelkader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've done lots of seasons in GP3 and noticed the
> same thing. Well, I save my every race after
> covering every five laps so to avoid the situation
> which this thread's author found himself in. I am
> fully aware of that "unfairness" of AI drivers and
> I always bear that in mind while lapping them. I
> GENERALLY manage to lap them without major
> problems...However, when some of them are
> explicitly persistent in blocking my way...I use
> "PIT" manouver which is used mainly by the police.
> Well - if AI isn't fair to me, I can be unfair to
> AI :P

I Echo the revenge pledge , the guy that took me out found himself in the wall after a 'tap' on the backside through the fastest turn on the circuit :P
Date: September 11, 2010 03:19PM
Posted by: Briere
pironi14 Wrote:
> So like i say i got to the point to lapping cars
> (which is hard in the rain)
>
Indeed ;)

Date: September 13, 2010 12:03PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Well, it's a random behavior: sometimes the back-markers let you easily pass, sometimes they close the door, sometimes they stop in the middle of the track to let you pass, sometimes they try to re-overtake you as the have a chance. But it's very similar to real life, and it'a a great challenge: when you are approching a back-markers, you never know what will happen...
Personally, everytime i have to lap a driver i start to pray...;)
Date: September 13, 2010 12:35PM
Posted by: abdelkader
savinaclaudio Wrote:
> Personally, everytime i have to lap a driver i
> start to pray...;)

I then save the game :)

Sometimes, when I'm really powerful and pulling away from the rivals I just can't enjoy the leadership because I know that in a couple of laps I'm gonna have a session of lapping during which everything may happen and which is far more dangerous than regular racing...as Ayrton Senna once said: "There are good drivers in bad cars, there are also bad drivers in good cars...but there are also bad drivers in bad cars and THOSE ARE THE ONES I FEAR THE MOST".

Date: September 13, 2010 03:33PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
lol people you are too ambitious to run always the leading car.
I started my ERL career from a car which was not supposed to score any point for the first 2 years. Has been extremely funny to be fighting in the back of the group with other backmackers and at the same time take care of the leaders who were going to lap me.

Anyway, Gp3 has clearly a problem to manage the interaction human-AI because there are issues also reversing the factors. Running low cars I noticed that the leader even if 2 seconds faster than me is unable to lap me. if I slow down he slow down with me. I almost stop and he almost stops as well. Very unrealistic, that's why i always let them pass in straights.

-------------------------------
Date: February 03, 2011 09:13AM
Posted by: phatdaddy
Do as I do. just put no damage on and run the bleep cars off the road. Sometime I get crazy, run in the opposite direction and destroy the field. ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy