Velodrome and Jacarepagua Tracks

Posted by degas 
Velodrome and Jacarepagua Tracks
Date: August 01, 2010 08:19AM
Posted by: degas
Hello GP3 lovers.

I'm looking for the truncated (by a stupid Mayor) Jacarepagua track, in Rio de Janeiro, and the new Velopark Track, in Rio Grande do Sul, both Brazilian Tracks. Are these tracks available? Where can I download them?

Thanks in advance.

Degas.
Re: Velodrome and Jacarepagua Tracks
Date: August 01, 2010 10:30AM
Posted by: eosduffy
[gadareth.altervista.org] -------- Jacarepagua

[gadareth.altervista.org] ------- Velopark Track

more tracks in

[gadareth.altervista.org]

in Rob,s Workshop
Date: August 02, 2010 09:47PM
Posted by: brazilian
Unfortunatelly, we still haven´t this two tracks.
Only a great version maden by Roberto Scandura from the former Jacarepagua´s layout.
Velopark not even a beta one, by the way, I don´t know why brazilians make tracks so short.
I saw by tv lat sunday a race from the Future Formula and the fastast lap was around 50 seconds.
Cya.
Date: August 03, 2010 09:58PM
Posted by: eosduffy
Is this circuit is not Jacarepagua?

sorry but I think if it is clear that...
Date: August 04, 2010 12:24PM
Yes my friend, this is Jacarepagua circuit.
As I told before, Roberto Scandura reproduced exactly like real life.
What happened was due to 2007 Panamerican games in the city, the mayor of Rio de Janeiro ruined the track.
He allowed the brazilian authorities to build in the circuit area, that´s the reason the layout was modified.
Date: August 04, 2010 12:46PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
before someone has the brilliant idea to spit me in the face, let me precise that the version in the green square is the let's say pre-modern Jacarepagua as used in MotoGp in 2004 (forgot what year i reproduced). The one in the red square is the older one as used in the years of the formula1 (around 1985/88). Note the difference in the Molykote (turn1), Curva Norte (turn5 before the backstraight), the Girao (the one after the long turn). Were changed to fit the speedway
Also the map in the green square doesn't look exactly at the real scale because it is stretched in height by the GpXPatch to fit the map on screen. To see it at his real scale, you need to edit the coordinates in a file i don't remember now.

Note the overlay and the background map

I had a look for the Velopark. Unless i looked the wrong track is seems a kart track more than a race track. I think would be impossible to even fit the Gp3 pitlane

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 12:58PM by R_Scandura.
Date: August 04, 2010 03:38PM
Nobody will spit you in the face my friend.
What @ degas is looking for is the reduced layout used nowadays.
About Velopark, as I also told, the layout is not interesting in my opinion, to short for my taste, of course that I would like to see it in gp3 because it would be another gp3 brazilian track.
Date: August 04, 2010 03:46PM
as i said somewhere in the past I will never do the new Jaca. I dont support idiocies and destroying the original Jaca is one of the biggest idiocies doable...

I have a jaca85 i did from screatch for myself a while back. The real one is really empty so there is no difference between the beta and complete version. I know there are other versions around for that year but if you want it cost me nothing make an upload...

Date: August 04, 2010 06:14PM
Posted by: davidm
Rob - I think alot of people would be very happy if you uploaded the 85 Jaca. There are so few good 80s tracks. You never thought of doing Zandvoort 80s and Osterreichring 80s and Paul Ricard 80s? Just these tracks would make a big difference to the game as well as Jaca. May thanks for your great work over the years.
Date: August 04, 2010 06:48PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Rob has already done (or updated, I don't remember) an 80s Paul Ricard. There is also a version by Smoking Pen. Purple Racer did an excellent 70s Zandvoort which is the same layout as in the 80s. And there are several versions of the old Osterreichring that are quite acceptable. The Jacarepagua version I use is made by "LRDRLD" according to the GP3INFO in TE - not sure that it is perfectly accurate but does the job for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 05, 2010 05:24PM
Posted by: davidm
Yes I understand your observations but it was just a case of whether Rob was/would consider these for a form of 80s immersion - it is what keeps me using GP3. Paul Ricard, I believe is the new one and the Smoking Pen one has AI problems. I have not seen an Osterreichring that was really any good, perhaps you could point me in the direction of one? Purple Racer Zandvoort Zandvoort 1970 was brillient but it is a different layout to the 80s where a chicane was put in on the back of the circuit. I'm not asking anyone to do anything - just wondering if there are any plans etc. It may be likely in the long run that more of these classic tracks will emerge for GP4, in a fully immersible sense. To some people this won't be important. Just some queries thats all.
Date: August 05, 2010 05:32PM
i never did the old paul ricard, just the beta modern HTTT one. Smoking Pen gave me the permission to update the ccline in his own which is brillint enough but never had a chance to do it. I tested several osterreichring but those were more conversions from gp2 with troubling cclines and flashing layouts . unfortunately havent found any good pic of the real track to work on, so it still remains a lack for me too

Date: August 05, 2010 06:16PM
Hmm, in fact the Zandvoort I use is an update by abcdefg, don't know what it is based on though, perhaps the current Zandvoort layout that is readily available. Either way it has the two chicanes. Also I don't see what difference Rob's HTTT Paul Ricard track has to the Grand Prix track of the 80s so maybe it is just a graphical thing? The Osterreich track I know that the CC line is a little off and doesn't quite meet perfectly at the s/f line but I don't find this a major issue at all.

Anyway, perhaps I am just not as fussy as i thought I was

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 05, 2010 06:26PM
hmm nop different like night and day ;)

the gp version had in the middle a sort of chicane (after the Beausset) where the HTTT is now has single bend, also the gp has so steep kerbs for what i remember making a total different racing aproach

Date: August 05, 2010 06:38PM
So it did, the map I was looking at isn't so clear!

Date: August 05, 2010 06:59PM
if you want an headache you should watch the plain on the official site, should count 40+ version if they didnt added any new ;)

Date: October 08, 2012 09:15PM
Posted by: evroic
Hi !!!

Do you have Velopark Track, in Rio Grande do Sul ?
Can you send to me by e-mail ( evroic@gmail.com )

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: October 18, 2012 06:17PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
About Jacarepaguá, there's a GP2 version available for the shortened layout, made by Antonio Pessoa, in case someone wants to convert it. We have plans to add Velopark to GP2 too, but it's very low in the priority list.
Date: October 18, 2012 08:10PM
Oh no....

Nothing about GP3 Velopark track circuit ????

regards.

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: November 13, 2012 01:18PM
Hi !!!

Nothing about GP3 Velopark track circuit ????

regards.

Evandro ( Brazil )

Evandro ( Brazil )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy