2010 Sakhir available for testing (BETA version)

Posted by R_Scandura 
2010 Sakhir available for testing (BETA version)
Date: June 19, 2010 10:32PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
tried to scratch some rust, so did a preview of this track waiting for the complete one. A lot simplified, just focused on layout and ccline
Check the beta/preview section. Hope you like it

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 10:38PM by R_Scandura.
hi rob,

couple of things - 1 your version is very detailed and very well made

2- i can fully understand how the drivers can find this track rubbish, the new bit is frustratingly slow and twisty and it is impossible to pass even if you mess with the opposition bhp and lower it to 100bhp i couldnt pass on the new infield section :@

this is not saying your track is rubbish at all, just that sakhir 2010 itself is poor :P

thanks so much for doing a version of this

all the best

nathan

Very nice work!

i know u said its a preview, but dont forget to add that bump in the middle of the right hander in the new section ;)

but, as Nathan said, its a boring track.....
Re: 2010 Sakhir available for testing (BETA version)
Date: June 20, 2010 05:25AM
Posted by: ro4die
Very, very good track!

Was the first time I played a race in Sakhir of GP3 Sim, due to limitations of my computer I could only practice alone on the track versions of Belini.

Thank you very much, you're great!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
the previous one was on the edge of boredom, this one is over the edge.

@ Pedersen, no idea about bumps, youtube has no real onboards. i did what i remembered from tv and passed a lot of time. any info will be welcome excluded graphical works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 07:43AM by R_Scandura.
Re: 2010 Sakhir available for testing (BETA version)
Date: June 20, 2010 05:17PM
Posted by: Briere
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just focused on layout and ccline

That's what we do need first ! Thanks very much Rob, superb work !
Briere Wrote:
> [www.formula1.com] ;-)

sorry, it asks a registration i dont intend to do.

R_Scandura Wrote:
> the previous one was on the edge of boredom, this
> one is over the edge.
>
> @ Pedersen, no idea about bumps, youtube has no
> real onboards. i did what i remembered from tv and
> passed a lot of time. any info will be welcome
> excluded graphical works

&feature=related

there u go, about 39sec into this video, the camera changes over to Schumacher´s onboard as he goes throu the corner :)
oh so the road was very bumpy there. I think you can edit the md to repoduce some bumps. tty to replace these values in the bumptable, maybe it works

sorry for the stupid question, but how do i do that? hehe
Add the values above into the magic data in place of the numbers already there, then add the new magic data into the track dat with CMagic.

Anyway, I drove a full race on this track and I have to say that it is quite a challenge to stay concentrated all the way. It maybe boring for the real cars but it is a nice track to drive in GP3. Tyre wear is a bit crazy, CC fuel is slightly too thirsty, and I was able to run on RedBull pace in a Lotus, but good job for a beta and easy enough for me to change the md to my liking :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
@ Pedersen: download it again. I reuploaded with the new md
@ St Hubbins: I tested the track on my current carset/physics whis is much slower than F1. If someone is driving F1 any suggestion will be welcome as well (gear ratio, fuel etc etc...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 01:39PM by R_Scandura.
Is it for just GP3 1.13 or 2K as well?
Both if you convert the md to md2.

Two quick changes I made to improve CC fuel consumption and make lap times consistent rather than see a drop off of 4-5 seconds over a long run:
16900 ; fuel consumption 2
2000 ; cc shuffler???

Btw, I am using GP3 2000 with top bhp of 810 and default physics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
nice. if you do a full testing with more changes please send me a md/md2 so i'll update the stuff as well

To be honest those changes are good enough for my own usage, plus I have also changed the pit window to give a bit more variation in one-stop strategy (but that is for my preference rather than realism). Also, I could make laptimes closer to real but that will only work with the perf file I use so it wouldn't be of much use to others anyway.

well, this then justified my choise to use my own setting as well, cant be criticized for this at least ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy