Different tyres for GP3

Posted by Andrew81au 
Different tyres for GP3
Date: December 20, 2002 05:17AM
Posted by: Andrew81au
Has anyone made the wide tyres about 18 inches wide (Pre 1993) for Grand Prix 3? If so where can I download them.
Re: Different tyres for GP3
Date: December 20, 2002 03:00PM
Posted by: loren
There is really no way known to make these tires as the external view wheels in gp3 are actually 2d sprites that are controlled by a software jam that no one knows how to open. The most likely way to make these tires would seem to be to find what makes the rears wider than the fronts and increase this value, but it is probably hidden in the exe somewhere and would take a lot of programming knowledge to find. Sorry if that wasn't the answer you wanted, but that's the way it is
Date: December 20, 2002 04:11PM
Posted by: Vader
Can't you edit wheels with CarEdit? at least you can import and export them with this tool.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 20, 2002 09:27PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
There have been a number of attempts to do this. The reports of the results that I recall reading were that, at best, the wheels showed correctly in the CarEditor, but the same old original GP3 wheels showed up in the actual game.
Date: December 21, 2002 05:10AM
Posted by: Vader
Which might be due to the fact that the wire frame of the wheel gets covered by the texture bitmaps.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 23, 2002 07:56AM
Posted by: Willz
I could not make them wider with the frame already set in the code.Its a lot off hassele to disassemble software.And with assembley lang used to code most off gp3 i aint sure off it all.

I just went for retexture off the tyres and new logos on them show up now in better detail than before.

Just a thought incase this may do instead
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy