Hello.
I've installed Belini's grip patch for GP3 1.13 as it is one of those files which are somehow still downloadable in the old downloads section.

When I played without the grip patch I'd have the default settings: performance level: 16384, engine bhp: 810 and it worked fine. After the installation of the grip patch, even though I lowered my performance level to 16310 I couldn't beat the rivals (even though the best driver had 16330 - so not so much more than I had). Besides, with the grip patch installed, I noticed that my car was extremely twitchy and reached hi revs way too soon which resulted in serious problems staying on track.

I just feel that what I see in the performance file I use, is not reflected in the race results - I can't beat backmarkers while the performance file says I'm, for example, second best driver on the grid. There's surely something wrong with it.

I suppose that (but I may be wrong) the grip patch for GP3 1.13 works fine only on the condition that some critical values of driver's performance and/or engine bhp are not reached.
My question is: What should be the performance and engine setting for the best driver in a given carset so that the grip patch work fine? I've already asked Belini about that but he advised me to ask on the forum so that to make a research on it. Maybe it's just me who can't drive or the grip patch for GP3 1.13 needs further revision.

Thanks in advance

I'm afraid i cnat help ya. It seems to work fine with me. I stepped into a ISO-Marloboro and A Lotus in the 1973 season to compare the differences. It works perfectly. I was 3 seconds per lap slower in the ISO-Marlboro then in the Lotus on the hungarian track. I do have these problems on i beleive the 1987 carset. I once tried a Williams but i was nowhere near the backmarkers !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Thanks for the reply. Anyway, it's good that you admit that the problem EXISTS. Maybe it's just that the more BHP you have, the more visible the problem becomes? In 1973 carset, I believe, BHP is not around 780-800, is it?

By the way. Can you tell me what, more or less, are Engine bhps of the cars from your carset, what is your performance level and what physics file you use?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 07:02AM by abdelkader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy