How to create a sound engine ?

Posted by andasp06 
How to create a sound engine ?
Date: April 07, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: andasp06
Hello guys, I wonder how do I create a sound file and export of engines for the game, because I created a file in wav format, but when I export pro game the sound is thin and fuzzy, does anyone know what the right configuration file to wav that I can create it? thank you very much ...

Excuse my poor English...
Re: How to create a sound engine ?
Date: April 08, 2010 10:57AM
Posted by: shlund
The engine sound for GP3 should be converted as 8bit with sample rate of 22050....

Your sound might have sample rate of 44100 (just a guess)...

Try it out... :)
Date: April 09, 2010 12:01AM
shlund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The engine sound for GP3 should be converted as
> 8bit with sample rate of 22050....
>
> Your sound might have sample rate of 44100 (just a
> guess)...
>
> Try it out... :)

Thanks for responding, but I did just that, the file is in wav, has 8 bits and 22,050 hz, the worst is that I had more work to edit the audio and game time is distorted, it must be some configuration at the time of conversion, because I downloaded other sounds made by other people, exported by GP3 sound editor and it worked perfectly, really wanted to know where I'm missing ... I edited the sound is that of Ferrari this year, would be nice, but is giving this error, I'll wait for someone else to answer, thank you for trying to help, hugs... ;-)
Date: April 09, 2010 10:44AM
Posted by: shlund
Once I had a sound file in stereo that didn't work and when converted to mono it was all allright... Perhaps an idea.. :)
Date: April 10, 2010 03:11AM
shlund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once I had a sound file in stereo that didn't work
> and when converted to mono it was all allright...
> Perhaps an idea.. :)

I converted in mono, not stereo, apparently this is a difficult mystery to solve, thanks for trying to help ..(Y)
Date: April 14, 2010 06:41PM
Posted by: belini
been a long time since I did this and it was for gp32k, but what I remember all wavs are mono 8bit/16bit and 11025/22050k
always replace the wav with the same format and I found for gp32k that it worked best for engine sounds by importing the
sound you want to replace and cut your new sound to the same legnth then paste over the imported wav, can be a bit tricky
for looping. gear change you can get away with a longer legnth as it's a one shot

also for gp32k you need have to hex edit the gp2ksnd0.dat after you've saved the file to get all the pit voices back, you do this
by copying lines 00000000 to 00000460 from the original gp2ksnd0.dat and paste them over your new dat file, a bit messy but
it works.

pk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy