Bahrain and China tracks for GP32K ?

Posted by Yam Graham 
Bahrain and China tracks for GP32K ?
Date: April 04, 2010 06:36PM
Posted by: Yam Graham
Following my request for The Smoking Pens 2004 set (thanks ) I need a GP
32K version of the Bahrain and China tracks.
Belini versions not my cup of tea, just need decent versions for the 2k, not gp3. version.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Bahrain and China tracks for GP32K ?
Date: April 10, 2010 04:31AM
Posted by: trissy
Are you still chasing these tracks mate? If so I will send you a link for each of them that I use in GP3 2000.
Date: April 10, 2010 09:24PM
Yes...it would be nice to have them.
I have searched everywhere.
Have been using 2k instead of gp3 original because its a lot more stable on my puter for some reason.
gp3 started to cras a lot with all the add ons ect....
A link would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Yam.
Date: April 11, 2010 11:04AM
Posted by: fracer
[gadareth.altervista.org]

the china track for 1.13 & 2k

good racing !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 11:08AM by fracer.
Date: April 25, 2010 08:34AM
Hi Yam,

Sorry for not getting back here sooner but been away for a bit.

Here is a link to my webspace where I have put both tracks just in case if you still need them.

Let me know how you get on with them.

Justin.
Date: April 29, 2010 04:07PM
Thanks Justin.....works a treat.
Will be looking for a 2k 2005 Car Set Soon, found 1.13 version but not 2k.
We seem to be well covered after 2005 with the likes of Drafi having most car sets from 2006 onwards.
Thanks in advance.
Yam.
Date: May 01, 2010 09:25AM
No probs buddy. Glad to hear they worked well for you too.

Don't know about you but I don't seem to have much success doing new carsets for GP32K. I always find myself making the JAM files from the BMPs I manage to get hold of & load them through GPxPatch. I'm sure there's a better way though to make it easier but that at least works for me. Maybe for you too??

Justin.
Date: May 01, 2010 11:19AM
Its a shame that a version of GP3 Edit was never modded to 2k as well as 1.13.
Having been a fan of both games from day 1.....you have to say 2k is slightly better, but there are so many mods for 1.13.

I always return to these sims even tho I have later "prettier" racing games.

Yam.
Date: May 01, 2010 12:15PM
Likewise mate. I can say that I do even enjoy GP4 but there's something special about GP3. And I love 2k because of the extra race. It sounds silly but what the hey. It's there so why not use it.

As for the 2005 mod, should I have a crack at getting one done for you for GP3 2K or is it not that important?

Justin
Date: May 01, 2010 05:08PM
Well....I have been doing seasons in order, but its NOT that important....can aways drop back to GP3 for one season.
If you do decide to do it...pass it on to drafi or upload it here.

On about the other sims......Yes I have enjoyed GP4, and even F1 Challenge but thats a bit to arcadey and you cannot save the game......what an oversight !!!!It looks nice tho.
I wonder how much effort converting GP3 Edit so it could mod 2K would have took ?

Yam.
Date: May 01, 2010 10:29PM
There is Carset Creator 2000 but I haven't used it much. Maybe worth having a look at it again to see how well it works.

Justin
Date: May 01, 2010 10:38PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
CC is a bit hit and miss in my experience. It also doesn't allow for teamart conversion, and only for one livery per team except team 1. Furthermore it overwrites the original jam files (as GP3 Edit does) which, in my opinion, is not preferable.

As I have got into manually converting a bunch of 1.13 carsets for use with 2k I am happy to continue with any particular requests. Otherwise I will just continue to plough through the F1 1980s carsets for the time being.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: May 01, 2010 11:31PM
Thanks for the heads up Alan. It's nice to know about any glitches before trying to "tinker" with the program.

I for one am okay for the carsets (current season) but I'll leave it up to Yam to let you know if the 2005 season is required but it's great to know that you can help if necessary. Might have to call on you in the future. ;-)

Justin
Date: May 02, 2010 12:16AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Tell you what, I will knock together a 2005 carset for 2k now. I will mod the performance file a bit (in the version I just downloaded Norberto Fontana outperforms both Ferrari cars!).

In a couple of hours I will post the link in the GP3 2000 Carsets topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: May 02, 2010 11:30AM
Many thanks for the set.
I am nearing the end of my 2004 season, so I will give it a try once you have uploaded it.
Back in the day......I use to spend hours modding gp2 but have just uploaded stuff for gp3 and 2k because there is so much stuff available.
Thanks in advance.......

Yam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy