Can I rotate sky.bmp position with track editor?

Posted by ettore 
Can I rotate sky.bmp position with track editor?
Date: March 27, 2010 12:22PM
Posted by: ettore
Hello drivers! look this picture..

I rotate entire track with trackeditor to simulate the sun position in practice-warm-up session, and other position for race. Can I rotate only the sky.bmp picture with track editor? In my sky.bmp the sun is low...the wrong position is not realistic....:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 12:24PM by ettore.
Well, the only way I know about "rotating" the sky is renaming the skya_ files... I made that when I made a sky for Belini's Abu Dhabi...

I say that because I heard about the possibility of editing the light source position, but never found out about...

However... Consider that the GP3 track is located inside a cube... The side faces are the sky + horizon, top face is the sun and bottom face is the ground...

Consider, also, that there are 45 sky_ bitmaps: 1-16 are for sky + horizon, 17-32 complete the upper side of 1-16 ones and 33-45 are the "top face" I said before...

In track editor, check the track position... Where are located the North, South and else... (of the track, most times the game track's north won't match with the real track's north, you should look Google Maps...)

The sky starts in the south... Thus, skya01.bmp is located on track's south, then it will rotate in clockwise direction... Then, it's a question of renaming the sky portion whick looks like a southern sky at that time to skya01, then 02 and so on...

BUT!!

I'm not sure if the game render the positions for itself of it's a fixed one... It's, of course, a trial-error question...

Good luck...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Re: Can I rotate sky.bmp position with track editor?
Date: March 27, 2010 04:15PM
Thank you Erick! I continued to rotate the tracks..Rename sky.bmp for each circuits is too complicated!
if you need to move the sun position every track has a sun position command in the sector t0. changes X and Y position

-------------------------------
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you need to move the sun position every track
> has a sun position command in the sector t0.
> changes X and Y position

That's what I meant, old kid... So, I can change the sun spot position, right?

Question 1: May I place the sun in a sunset position, like Melbourne?

Question 2: Will this create a blinding sun effect? (maybe not, but...)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
haven't dealt with this more than that. I know sun position alters the shadows of some objects like at the turn at split1 in melbourne but dont know if you'll have blinding effects. never seen them

-------------------------------
Re: Can I rotate sky.bmp position with track editor?
Date: March 28, 2010 01:48PM
The only way to simulate the blinding effect or sunset is to have the sun position low( in t0 sector put in Light Source command a3= 8000 or lower..) and the sky orizons with strong difference between light source and the rest of the sky..perhaps means gpx panels? Good race!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy