Need help for configuration

Posted by Looping Murdock 
Re: Need help for configuration
Date: March 24, 2010 08:29PM
Posted by: Looping Murdock
I'm using XP compatibility mode.
Where I can find "system summary" ? In the game or in my PC.
And there is anything tying up processor or Ram...by the xay the game runs with bad weather !
Date: March 25, 2010 12:03AM
Posted by: auscain
>Is it possible to re-install the old graphics card to the one before ATI 3650?

Don’t worry about system summary,(In Vista:- Start – Search type SYS enter) I just wanted to have a look at the (RAM).

My laptop has a similar processor and 3 GB ram so I decided to have a look at GP 3 on that Rig.
Installed the CD and ran it without the patch or no CD. In the rain it ran at 170% occupancy with no adverse affects full graphics, in the dry it’s at around 60 to 70% occupancy no prob.
Date: March 27, 2010 02:51PM
My PC got 3Go of RAM ! I think it's pretty good no ?
Date: March 27, 2010 03:33PM
I have don't install GP3-2K. Anybody can send me the patch ??

I have noticed that my game runs perfectly when there is few cloud or rain but it crashes when weather is clean.
I've tried everything you said before but the problem is still presents
Date: March 29, 2010 03:22AM
Normally go to jump to forum there you will find a drop down menu.

So what is the processor occupancy now, when cloudy chance of rain?

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: March 30, 2010 10:28PM
The processor occupency when cloudy chance of rain runs to 30/40%
Date: March 30, 2010 11:00PM
Okay some good information to work with.
I’m not sure the exact cause of the problem.

I’m no longer using the ATI graphics card and I wasn’t able to reproduce the same condition. I think you’ve given enough information now, somebody should be able to help. I’ll be back:-)
Date: March 31, 2010 04:32AM
Go to your Grand Prix 3 folder – gconfig open with notepad it should say something like this:-

;gp3 generated file - do not edit

[Software 3d] good 1 2560 3 2560

ATI -----------------------

copy and post it here!

Also in game say no to configure graphics then go to the graphics menu where ATI card is listed use the drop down menu select software 3D do not test just Drive.
Date: March 31, 2010 02:18PM
My gconfig is :

[Software 3d] good 128
[ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series ] good 128
[ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series ] good 128

And I can't run the game with SW mode :(
Date: March 31, 2010 10:21PM
Okay first of all set your GP3.exe to run in Vista mode and administration privileges on user.

Paste the following back in the generated:

[Software 3d] good 128 1 1280 3 1280

Or just delete the two lines with the [ATI 3600]128

Paste this in the cards file:

[general]

[ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series]
altsoftware3d=0
lorestextures=0

(I’m not sure this will affect your card we will give it a try)

Delete the f1gstate.sav file. It will generate a new one.

Say no to re/configure graphics. Just drive see what happens, you can save on exit.

We will have to address the crashing later. For now just start the game with the gp3.exe
Talk to you soon no doubt. You realize I’m no expert LoL;-)
Date: March 31, 2010 10:37PM
Ahah good try but it doesn't work ! :(
And I wanna thanks you to tryin' ti help me...you keep my GP3 passion alives lol
Date: March 31, 2010 11:18PM
Try what I sent earlier again but with this added:
Go to start menu type sys, go to system, system advance settings, advance, in performance click settings, click adjust to best performance, apply. Run it again please.

Then try:
Can you run in Vista compatibility? if it crashes tell me how and when the card you’re using can benefit from directX 11 make sure you have windows update. Are you running 32 bit or Vista 64bit?
I know it’s a bit late to ask but did you correctly Uninstall the previous graphics drivers, before you installed the new card and drivers? With that card (ATI) you must uninstall the previous drivers before you install the card ATI HD 3600.

Try this:
Reinstall GP3 in Program files (x86)/Microsoft games/Hasbro sport/Grand Prix 3 (run as administrator on user) I think you know that you’ve been around long enough. Try these files look at the readme files carefully. [www.simracingworld.com]

Lets try and get that beautiful card working.
Date: April 02, 2010 08:21AM
[general]

[Software 3d]

This should work

or

[general]

[Software 3d]
software3d=1

Bonne chance:-)
Date: April 04, 2010 12:43PM
Pfff none of what you asked me not working. There really is a problem when the weather has no clouds in the sky. Otherwise everything else works perfectly. It would not be a problem of texture of the sky? Does anyone could send me the texture file that works properly?
Date: April 04, 2010 09:51PM
pm me your email
Date: April 04, 2010 11:24PM
As you can see I set it up on a old ATI card in vista compatibility I change the textures in jam files looks good on my old gaming rig. Full graphics should work on your Rig as well. The patch is 1.13 as you see also. I believe those texture files work in gp3_2k as well but I haven’t tried it yet. You should also take note that I used windows ATI driver if you use ATI HD 3600 driver be sure to set everything to default settings in the catalyst control panel.
The second file is just a spare just in case the first one doesn’t work.
Of course you going to backup all your originals. You might wanna start with a clean install.
Bonne chance:-)
Date: April 04, 2010 11:31PM
PS. When you install don’t run it, until the patch is installed and don’t forget to go to Grand Prix 3 properties and deselect read-only.
Date: April 05, 2010 01:03PM
Hello, thanks for your mails. I've remplaced all the files you give me and the problem is still the same...I'm gonna die lol
Date: April 06, 2010 12:08AM
You are not going to die,
You ask for sky jams and I thought you might be on to something with that because I’ve read somewhere that if you have duplicate jams files it can cause a graphics problem I don’t know exactly how that could happen unless jam files went in the wrong directory
Example: Gp3jams/main instead of Gp3jamsH/Main or Gp3H/TechJam.
So if you were to just copy and paste the files I sent the problem would still exist.

The above mentioned problem should not exist if you uninstalled everything including deleting any leftovers ( in the floder Grand Prix 3 ) starting from a clean install then reinstall it including running the patch updating to 1.13 then the no_CD remove Gp3jams and Gp3jamsH.
Then copy the working files into your grand prix 3 folder it should work.
If all this doesn’t work you might try downloading some GP3 tracks that are for night driving at least then if they work you won’t have to drive in the rain.

You were able to download the 4Shared file correctly yes?

Again I’m no expert but you not going to die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 05:57PM by auscain.
Date: April 06, 2010 01:30PM
So if I understand I must uninstall the game, then I reinstalled by replacing the file Tech, jamsH jams you sent me and installed the patch 1.13 and it should work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy