D/l Gp3-2000

Posted by Gecko 
D/l Gp3-2000
Date: November 29, 2002 03:25AM
Posted by: Gecko
Hi,

Where can I download GP3 2000 from?

If you can help I would be very grateful!

Thanks
Re: D/l Gp3-2000
Date: November 29, 2002 03:59AM
Posted by: Ellis
we cant tell you that. GP3 2000 is retail only, meaning you must buy the game

it is illegal to download software like this, and us telling you where to get it would get the webmasters in trouble

sorry

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 29, 2002 04:38AM
OK thanks!

That's no problem - I've already purchased GP3 and from what I've heard since, the update is probably not worth it anyway!
Date: November 29, 2002 07:28AM
Yeah, its nothing major really

What u should do is buy GP4 :D

If ur system cant cope then save up for some new comp parts first. GP4 is coming inot its own now. the Car Ediotr is producing great results

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 29, 2002 01:06PM
Really?

My computer is top-spec, but I had got the impression that GP4 was not a match for GP3, especially in the editing departments.

What are GP4's main merits - are the graphics simply much better?

Thanks
Date: November 29, 2002 04:06PM
GP4 improments

Graphics - OMG - amazing
physics - u think GP3, try GP4, its even better
Tracks are GPS modled and therefore are perfect

A patch was just released fixing alot of the bugs

My computer is top-spec, but I had got the impression that GP4 was not a match for GP3, especially in the editing departments.

that was the case until about a week ago

A carhshape editor has been released, and altoh we are now working around a few little bugs (qucikly i might add), we are producing, what seems to be some very good shapes. We have lots of pics of dTM cars, sports cars, and 2002 shapes

I myself am working on a 1994 williams and a Dodge Viper.

The game is improving by the day, more and more ditors are doing more and more things. We can edit most of the things we could in GP3. The main exception being the tracks, as we currecntly have no track editor. We have just about everything else tho, and of cours,e GPxPatch works perfeclty with it

GP4 is defiantly worth the money it costs now. And top-spec systems should have no problems.

We have 2002 liveries (on 2001 shapes at the moment, 2002 shapes are in production), we have prefomraces, we have gfx track updates, helmets, everything excpet track layout changes really

Give it a few days to have the first workable carshapes out

Date: November 29, 2002 06:06PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Simracers often become very enthusiastic about a new game and tend to seriously exagerate its merits in an attempt to win over more people to it.

Here is what Ellis has well-meaningly distorted or neglected to mention:

1.There are no new tracks for GP4 at all.
2.As there are no 2002 (Hockenheim, Nurburgring, or Spa-Francorchamps) tracks for GP4, this effectively renders any "2002 performances" meaningless.
3.There are no carskins sets for GP4 other than 2001 and 2002 F1.
4.All G4 "cars" and "carsets" so far, are just "skins" which all use the original GP4 carshapes.
5.It's a matter of opinion, of course, but other than for Ralph Hummerich's work, I don't find any of the GP4 carskins to be any better looking than the better GP3 ones. (... and Ralph Hummerich has only done a 2002 F1 set and has not completed his 2001 F1 set even yet.)
6.The GP4 track graphics "updates" are mostly very slight, consisting merely of new adverts, usually not even bothering to correct such things as wrong kerbs.
7.Judging from the past experience of the history of addons for racesims, substantial new addons take quite a bit of time to be made after a game is "cracked". There are always excited announcements about soon-to-be released new "mods" that either never come to fruition or arrive months later than expected. I certainly wouldn't expect to even have a full first-rate quality 2002 F1 "mod" for GP4 with all new carshapes and tracks for at least a couple of months, and it's likely to be a number of years, if ever, that GP4 will ever be able to approach GP3/GP3-2000's 60+ carsets, 180+ tracks, and massive collection of other addons.

From a positive standpoint, it is true that the GP series amazingly impressive AI is even better in GP4 than it was in GP3/GP3-2000.
Date: November 29, 2002 08:25PM
Posted by: Larry
Thanks for cheering us up! :P

Date: November 29, 2002 09:27PM
You're very welcome.

:-)

If you're Larry O'Meara, how about applying your vast knowledge of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and skills to making a pre-1996 Montreal Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for Grand Prix 3, while you wait for a Grand Prix 4 track editor to be produced?
Date: November 29, 2002 10:47PM
Well I can't say that I have much knowledge of the track pre-1996. In fact I only really got interested in F1 after I started playing GP2. So you know as much, maybe more than I do about its past.
I'm starting to look at GP4 and zmodeler and playing with textures:

I'm also taking the time to actually play GP4 which I hardly did with GP3 with the track editing.

Date: November 30, 2002 02:57AM
I'm glad to hear that you finally have an opportunity to play your favorite games.

There were a number of versions of the circuit prior to 1996 with various placements of the start/finish and the pits, but basically, they were all otherwise pretty much just like the current circuit except that they nearly all had a chicane on the back straight.

How much work is it for someone that knows what they're doing to add a single chicane to an existing GP3 track?
Date: November 30, 2002 08:07AM
Adding a chicane would mean re-doing the cc-line between that chicane and the end of the track. So if the chicane is added near the beginning of the track, then that means doing the whole cc-line which can be a lot of work if you want to do it properly. Other than that and maybe having to fix some of the scenery, the amount of work depends on how good a job you want to do on it.

Date: November 30, 2002 08:13AM
Posted by: Vader
I think the cows came home, Larry, can't see them anymore.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 30, 2002 08:42AM
I needed milk in my coffee. They're back on track now. (Don't really know what happened, actually. They were gone for a few minutes.)

Date: November 30, 2002 09:00AM
Welcome back!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 08, 2002 06:37AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
The sense of speed is far better in GP4 than GP3 (and I run at 17FPS!). There are individual carshapes
The look of the game is amazing
The tracks are unbelievable. They REALLY are at least 90% acurate. They look sooooooo real it's unreal!! Along with the graphics, it looks soooooooo amazing you just can't say. Who needs 2002 Hockenheim atm with the 2001 one there
Damage collision is in GP4
AI are very good
Weather is even better
Soon editors will be around and it'll be edited more than GP3
Many racing leagues are now using GP4
Crash model is better
Brilliant pit crew

Unfortunately many people have quite serious problems. There are many bugs, still only generic cockpits and the sound is total crap (soon to be changed hopefully)

If you have a good system (i.e 1Ghz+, 512+ and good Gfx card) get GP4. If you can run it, you'll never regret it!

Date: December 09, 2002 03:21AM
1.There are no new tracks for GP4 at all.

Be honestm when u get a new game, u are content with the stuff it comes with for ahwile aint ya? Track editor is under production

2.As there are no 2002 (Hockenheim, Nurburgring, or Spa-Francorchamps) tracks for GP4, this effectively renders any "2002 performances" meaningless.

It is based on the 2002 season, so you could just put this point under number 2....instead of making the list look bigger than it is?

3.There are no carskins sets for GP4 other than 2001 and 2002 F1.

yet, I have seen pictures of Andres cars, and i am doing an 88 McLAren

4.All G4 "cars" and "carsets" so far, are just "skins" which all use the original GP4 carshapes.

Wrong :) My ITC Merc doesnt use the orgional shape, it uses a Touring Car shape. A Shape editor has been out for a week or so now, and theres lots and lots of pictures about of modified shapes. The ediotrs not long out, give us at least a little time!

5.It's a matter of opinion, of course, but other than for Ralph Hummerich's work, I don't find any of the GP4 carskins to be any better looking than the better GP3 ones. (... and Ralph Hummerich has only done a 2002 F1 set and has not completed his 2001 F1 set even yet.)

Actaully Ralph hasnt done a 2002 set. he stopped for ahwile after he realised the texture mapping on some cars was so bad it wasnt worth the bother. Now that we can remap the textures, he back at work again :)

Also, he hasnt started 2001, so why u put that?

If u want a high Standard of cars, try Mr Evils ferrari or Duco Lammers Minardi and Toyota? Also Chunters Minardi. GP4 cars are of extreamly high standard, especially with some authors

6.The GP4 track graphics "updates" are mostly very slight, consisting merely of new adverts, usually not even bothering to correct such things as wrong kerbs.

excuse me!? Montreal - fixed kerbs. Also, how can you expect people to be able to fix these when all we have is an editor that is only 50% finished? "merely" of new adverts......what else can you expect them to do? Isnt that mainly what track updates have always been? France 2001 ---> France 2002 for example...what is there to change other than adverts

The ONLY thing we cant edit in GP4 right now is pretty much the tracks. Everytbing else can be edited.

Tell it like it is!

Date: December 09, 2002 02:28PM
Pictures of prospective upcoming mods are not addons that anyone can use in a game.

Larry O'Meara has fixed some kerbs at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I did not say that no one had done anything substantial with GP4 track graphics. What I said was that most tracks had not had anything substantial done other than their adverts.

Grand Prix 3 has over 180 addon tracks and Grand Prix 4 has none. This is a fact. One obviously cannot race various seasons' properly if one does not have the proper tracks.

There were no new GP4 carshapes at the time of my post.
All of my criticisms were true.

I simply wanted to clarify matters.
I find that the fans of a new game often exagerate its merits in their zeal to win over more people to a game that they particularly enjoy. As I said, in several months GP4 may well have some new tracks and other more substantial addons. At the present time it does not.

I did "tell like it is".
Date: December 10, 2002 06:47AM
What I said was that most tracks had not had anything substantial done other than their adverts.

Theres nothing major to do to them, except Nurburgring and Hockenhiem. And GP3 has been out for 4 or 5 years, of course theres loads for it. GP4 has been out for 4 or 5 months, if even that!

Grand Prix 3 has over 180 addon tracks and Grand Prix 4 has none

yes, and? Remember, 4 or 5 years comapred to 4 or 5 months

I find that the fans of a new game often exagerate its merits in their zeal to win over more people to a game that they particularly enjoy.

I dont remember GP2 and GP3 getting this support at the beginning. Anyone could create cars for GP2 that looked good. And lots culd create decent cars for GP3. For GP4 you do actaully have to be good to make something that looks decent. Im not exagerating the facts. I told the truth. GP4 is becoming more editable by the day. Several people are looking how to edit wheel postions, and im not really ment to say this but im working with a team of 9 or 10 others on a DTM mod. Apparently we have programmers working on a cockpit shape editor and how to edit the ammount of cars on the grid.

Date: December 10, 2002 07:32AM
And GP3 has been out for 4 or 5 years

Wasn't Gp3 actually released some time in 2000? That'll be only 2 years if I'm not very much mistaken.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy