Painting cars

Posted by Genmes 
Painting cars
Date: February 24, 2010 11:55PM
Posted by: Genmes
Hi guys,

Doing a research of old messages, i saw that somebody mentioned a tutorial by maxdownforce about painting cars, i'm very interested if someone could send it to me. Anyway, i'm very interested in 2 special topics, which for some of you i believe are very basic, but here they are:

- shading process.
- changing advert/numbers colors, for example how can i turn a ''Mobil 1'' sponsor with white letters and black background in one with grey letters and red background.

I'd be very pleased if someone could give me some tips. Thanks.
Re: Painting cars
Date: February 25, 2010 09:35AM
Posted by: JohnnyFiama
I've not seen a tutorial but there are plenty of templates around if you search for them. I don't know how familiar you are with paint programs but with a template you basically get lots of layers. For example one layer is all the shading, another might be the reflections and another would be the base where you paint the car. When you merge them all together to make a bitmap then you have your car with all the shading on it.

You can change colours of logos in most paint programs, I use PaintShop Pro where you can do this by playing around with palettes and the colours used. If you want, post the logo and the colours you want it to be and I'll change it for you.
Date: February 25, 2010 01:22PM
Posted by: quickslick
@Genmes, your searching ends up here ;) :) i've uploaded the tutorial for you [www.mediafire.com]

and i've uploaded it here on gp3 downloads misc ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 01:34PM by quickslick.
Date: February 25, 2010 07:28PM
Posted by: Genmes
Thank you guys.

I'll have a try by myself, but if i can't do it i'll post it here johnnyfiama.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy