Visor cockpit LMS car

Posted by drafi5 
Visor cockpit LMS car
Date: February 07, 2010 05:24PM
Posted by: drafi5
Henrik wrote to me:
Bellini's fine visors gave me an idea for another GPxPatch feature for GP3..
Insted of a helmet.tga I think it will be posible to illustrate the inside of an closed cockpit on a LMP car...
That means that when we choose to drive the Peugeot, Aston og Lola in our Le Mans carsets we could turn this feature 'on' in the panel and in this way illustrate we are inside the cockpit.
Pictures enclosed show my idea in a simple way ...
It's not my idea to include contackts, buttons, speedometer and so on - perhaps it's best to use the GP3 standard wheel in order not to complicate things and keep it simple...
In short: use a cockpit inside shape instead of a helmet shape like the helmet.tga...
What do you say..?? Could it be an idea..?? Who could make the .tga file for the CInfo panel in GPxpatch..??

The problem is that I do not know how to make (the white - in example) parts transperant for the CInfo panel so we can see the steering wheel and inner cockpit...
The helmet.tga from Belini is all black in middle and the pit version is a dark green but I can't figure it out how its done.. But .tga is needed I think.
I have enclosed another test bmp so you can see how it could be done, but it has to be approved a bit and the curbed line (front screen) should be more accurate..
I am not any good with paint shop pro or similar paint programmes but perhaps you have an idea...

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 05:26PM by drafi5.
Re: Visor cockpit LMS car
Date: February 07, 2010 07:17PM
Posted by: Dinga
Interesting idea, and you're on the right tracks with your ideas about the .tga, you just need to know how to make a separate mask for the alpha channel. Taking the idea one step further, it would be possible to use the gpxinfo code from Paul's wheel and just substitute the supplied wheel for a LM Proto one. I'm away from my own PC at mo, so can't do any editing for you. A really good artist with PSP(not me!!), could even simulate a full looking, if not functional cockpit. I take it the first screenshot is Henriks work, with your ideas below. If so, the first cockpit looks very good. Just another idea, a screenshot from within a cockpit from something like GTR would make a good starting point. Obviously, one of the 'home-made' cars with author permission would be the way to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 07:28PM by Dinga.
Date: February 07, 2010 07:47PM
Posted by: shlund
I really hope that it would be possible to make the cockpit and I think if we could only make the white parts transparent and remember to leave the mirrors and just the side panels in cockpit as they are, we can have a simple but okay looking LMP closed cockpit...

As far as I can see we should just further work on the helmet.tga from Belini in order to create a LMP cpit...

The upper part of windscreen (with text "Porsche" and "Toyota" ) would be very fine to do too (semi-transparent), but without text, so we have a standard for all cars. If someone are up for it of course we can have some with the text as well..

Hope to find someone who would give it a try - I can't do it ... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 09:28PM by shlund.
Date: February 07, 2010 08:26PM
Posted by: quickslick
i've added an alphalayer to your file Helmut, but i don't have the time to test it, if it's correct

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: February 07, 2010 08:39PM
Posted by: abdelkader
drafi5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henrik wrote to me:

> The problem is that I do not know how to make (the
> white - in example) parts transperant for the
> CInfo panel so we can see the steering wheel and
> inner cockpit...
> The helmet.tga from Belini is all black in middle
> and the pit version is a dark green but I can't
> figure it out how its done.. But .tga is needed I
> think.
> I have enclosed another test bmp so you can see
> how it could be done, but it has to be approved a
> bit and the curbed line (front screen) should be
> more accurate..
> I am not any good with paint shop pro or similar
> paint programmes but perhaps you have an idea...
>
> [img191.imageshack.us]
> t.jpg

I remember I downloaded a set of early 90s steering wheels which used this technique. The whole cockpit: the wheel, the dashboard, leds ,name it were nothing but bitmaps - no jams included. I think it was available in the old downloads section.

[old.grandprixgames.org]

It was made by Hernan Viglione and is called "New Cinfo Cockpits - 80s & 90s". You guys may download it (the link works, I checked it) and then base your work upon the conclusions drawn after checking the way it works.
>
>
> Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 07, 2010 08:44PM
Thanks for support and ideas, but I only posted the pics, all work was done by Henrik.

Date: February 07, 2010 08:57PM
Posted by: abdelkader
So the only thing you need to do is to send Henrik the link to this thread so that he could join the discussion.

Date: February 07, 2010 09:09PM
I suppose Henrik is watching the thread and will get the files, see what he can do with it...

Date: February 07, 2010 09:25PM
Posted by: shlund
I'm watching and thank you very much for all your attention and help :)

I have downloaded the alphalayer from quickslick and many thanks for that... Unfortunately I do not have the skills to work that much with this kind of painting, I haven't psp or similar programmes installed and don't know how to use them... (only a test version which is expired by now)

My simple drawings shows the idea of a cockpit and the layer should only not cover the steering wheel and the sidepanels in car and the mirrors (they should be transparent too..I forgot it in the drawing with all the white)

I do hope that someone would give it a try to make us yet another option for the CInfo panel i GPxPatch. My idea was to keep it simple and easy like the "Leader" and "Final lap" option we had lately...

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you need further information... Of course I can assist by testing and adjusting...

Thanks in advance for your efforts... :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy