New Track Updates

Posted by Zieli 
New Track Updates
Date: December 22, 2009 10:07AM
Posted by: Zieli
Hello to all,

I will soon start publishing a number of updates of some older tracks (17 tracks at the moment), when I get permission from the
authors of the original tracks. It will be no recreation, but a complete overall update with mostly keeping the appearance of the
originals. My ambition is to raise the quality of these tracks to get closer to the standard of the tracks made by Paul Arnall and
Roberto Scandura, even it is nearly impossible to reach it.
My question to the community: is there any interest on updates of tracks, which have been already republished by Belini and
Roberto (Estoril, Paul Ricard, Jacarepagua, Anderstorp)? If not, I will keep these tracks only for private use.

Regards,

Zieli
Re: New Track Updates
Date: December 22, 2009 11:03AM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Hi, Uwe,
I would love to see all of the updated tracks . The more versions the better. One can choose which one to drive.
And finally - great news, thanks very much !
Date: December 22, 2009 11:10AM
Posted by: drafi5
Great news, Uwe, please release ALL track updates.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: December 22, 2009 11:30AM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Zieli, if what you want is to update the tracks to what they are now (e.g. Jerez with the UFO at pit straight), I'm regret to say that you WON'T publish Jacarepaguá...

Why not? That's easy: track is going to be demolished to build an Olympic City for 2016 games, which are going to be held here at Rio de Janeiro...

This is how the track is looking like now... Even if the Turns 1, 2, 3 looks usable, as well as the oval's Turns 3 ans 4, those aren't used anymore...

Track layout now is: Start, Turn 1 to left, leading to opposite straight, Oval Turn 1, Oval Turn 2, right in the intersection between turns 8 to 9, Turns 9, 10, 11 and 12...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: December 22, 2009 12:47PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
EriK it depends on whether he is updating the track layouts or the scenery or maybe even both lol
Date: December 22, 2009 06:03PM
Posted by: Zieli
Hello,

ok, I will upload all track updates. To get a little more clear, what I mean with overall update:
- keeping the layout of the published original track
- working on magic data, cc-line, kerbs, heights, banking, fences, verge, scenery, objects, jips, jams, pit lane, cams, sight, ...
During the last years I have been working parallel on more than 100 tracks, most of them are nearly finished. I expect one more
year of work on all these tracks to be ready for publishing.
Working on a different track layout means starting a new project, of course possible in future, but first I want to finish my present
project. Even I have got some ideas by myself :-). So please be a little bit patient giving new proposals.

The first track updates I want to publish:
Zandvoort 70s-80s by Kees van Wijngaarden
Watkins Glen by Marcos Gauguin
Anderstorp 78 by Augusto E. Dewey
Estoril 94 by Champ
Jerez de la Frontera by Sandro Branciforte/ John Verheijen
Paul Ricard by Pachi Navarro
Aida 94 by Diego Noriega alias Öggo
Österreichring 75 by Steffen Häuser/Schubert Cardozo/Bruno Gourdi/Tom Stuhrmann
Zolder 78 by Kees van Wijngaarden
Dijon Prenois 70s-80s by Warren Jenks and Starchild
Kyalami 79 by Arron Wood and Starchild
Detroit by Italo Daru
Las Vegas 82 by Augusto E. Dewey
Imola 81-94 by Marc Aarts
Jarama 76-81 by Warren Jenks and Starchild
Adelaide by Paul Schiller
Jacarepagua by Peter L Kessler and Starchild

I any of the authors of the original tracks is reading this thread, it would be nice to give permission directly for publishing these
updates (or not).

Regards

Zieli
Date: December 22, 2009 06:10PM
Posted by: drafi5
I think that Öggö is still at the GP4 forum active, but the other authors...you should give them the credits in the ReadMe.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: December 22, 2009 06:34PM
Posted by: quickslick
sounds great Uwe :)
Date: December 22, 2009 09:26PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Uwe, you keep the game alive, too !
Date: December 23, 2009 01:58PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
@Zieli: you are just what we need to keep Gp3 alive, and alive, and alive! Go on!(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy