GP3 on Core i5

Posted by mika19b 
GP3 on Core i5
Date: December 20, 2009 01:00AM
Posted by: mika19b
Hello,

I dug out GP3 the other day and installed it onto my new machine. However when I run the game it stutters as if I am only getting 10FPS!

My Specs are:

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.6GHZ
Asus P7P55D Pro Mobo
4GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHZ
ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
500GB Samsung F3 HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium X64

Running 1.13 patched GP3 and latest GPxPatch. I have tried setting the CPU to 0 and 1 but it makes no difference :/

Does AA/AF affect GP3? Also I have disabled Anti-Virus etc but no luck.

Cheers,

Mika19b.
Re: GP3 on Core i5
Date: December 20, 2009 08:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Try r/click the exe, set compatibility to win98. Set cpu to 1 in gpx_patch and test. Post result.
Having a 64 bit OS is a disadvantage for older games as well. I would be creating an additional partition, then install XP on it, then install the older games on the XP partition. Use a boot screen manager to boot into the OS you want to run. It all depends really on how keen you are to run it really if a solution cannot be found to make it run on your existing partition. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: GP3 on Core i5
Date: January 03, 2010 06:05PM
Posted by: mika19b
Hmmm might have to look into a 32bit copy of XP to put on another HDD then, no luck trying anything else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy