Yas Marina 2009 Released final version 4.0 (page 2)

Posted by R_Scandura 
Good luck on your new path of life, Rob :) Yas Marina rocks, as your other works. Wish you all the best.

Re: Yas Marina 2009 Released final version 4.0 (page 2)
Date: November 02, 2009 12:07AM
Posted by: rob8791
Thank you for all your great tracks, the realism is amazing, you leave us with an awesome track. I look forward to you other great work.
Fun track to drive. The sectors were not correct though so I made an estimate:
Split 1 - 225
Split 2 - 737

I modded the md for GP32k also with more accurate laptimes, fuel consumption and top speed (cc setup). Can upload if anyone is interested.

Thanks Rob for the years of work :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
yes, i'm interested in :)
Date: November 02, 2009 09:05AM
Posted by: drafi5
I am too.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I modded the md for GP32k (...). Can upload if anyone is interested.

Me too.
Alan, send the md2 too so 'll make also a complete package. i didn't knew where the split times were

-------------------------------
Okay, the md2 is here: [www.megaupload.com]

Its still quite a raw version but at least gives more accurate laptimes.

One question, is it possible to change the position of the pit lane speed limit? It takes about 36 seconds to make a pitstop because you are on the limiter until just before rejoining the track. This makes it much more viable to make a 1 stop race...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
sure, where was èplaced the limiter/off?

Date: November 02, 2009 12:02PM
Posted by: Briere
At the bottom of the hill just before the tunnel I think
It is at the top of the hill, the second of the two lines that Hamilton is approaching:

ok, on the way...

I don't mean to postpone your retirment Rob, but there is also one further issue that I guess is cc line related:

On the exit of Turn 9 (the right after the slow left following the first main straight) the car is pulled violently to the left if you drive with two wheels on the outside kerb.

I don't know if this is too much hassle to look at but thought I would mention it anyway if you are opening TE. To be honest in a way I like a few little quirks like this as it means you have to concentrate a bit more when driving, but it was a bit weird when I spun into the wall the first time when trying to drive in a straight line ;)

it is because i had to scatter the width to simulate cheap the junction with the other course. it is a problem if you drive couching on kerb but is totally absent if you direct the car a bit on the right side. it's a slow part so you shouldn have problems of driving too wide

i can anticipate you there are other bugs along the course. a flashing fence, cc cars driving a bit wider in the marina entrance, holes in the scenary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 01:06PM by R_Scandura.
ok i reuploaded it, just reinstall all
added the dat with the madicdata for gp3 2k
moved the pit limiter and added the proper split times
adjusted some jams

just a reminder, this is a beta version. it is a preview to see how the track looks like waiting for someone else putting more effort making an high detailed version. i tried to roughly stick together biggest parts of it. waited the race and added some extra graphics. that's all.

Date: November 02, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: sté
Rob

how do you move the speed limiter ?

greetz
stefaan

[www.facebook.com]
they are 2 commands in the pitlane
speed limiter ON
speed limiter OFF

just cut/paste them were you want (but follow editing rules for the correct placement)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 06:16PM by R_Scandura.
Date: November 02, 2009 06:35PM
Posted by: sté
Thanx rob

workt like a charm,glad i know that too
i have some circuits i like to change that

greetz
2009 offline champ
Stefaan

[www.facebook.com]
Date: November 02, 2009 08:57PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
I'll start a new fictional circuit, on Acapulco.
I need to finish Lake Joutjarvi, but I can't get to edit scenery... ;(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: November 03, 2009 04:04AM
Posted by: ro4die
Rod_vs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll start a new fictional circuit, on Acapulco.
> I need to finish Lake Joutjarvi, but I can't get
> to edit scenery... ;(

Read the tutorial! does not have secret, but of course, start with something simple and then enhancing do you think will begin to make tracks in Scandura level?

leia o tutorial kra! não tem segredo, mas é claro, comece com algo simples e depois va aprimorando ou vc acha que já vai começar fazendo pistas no nível do Scandura?

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy