New Site

Posted by rob8791 
New Site
Date: October 13, 2009 09:10PM
Posted by: rob8791
There's a new GP3 GP3 2000 site with lot's downloads.

[www.grandprix3.co.uk]
Re: New Site
Date: October 13, 2009 09:20PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
where is the sense to upload my stuff when they are already in my site active and running? apart reducing my chances to gain credits for more space by visitors?

-------------------------------
Date: October 13, 2009 09:54PM
Posted by: drafi5
I saw no tracks from you there, Roberto, but some editors/utilities are there
and in times where only a few GP3 sites are active, a new one is welcome.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: October 13, 2009 10:09PM
i see Jaca 03/04, estoril 2007, magny 2006
whatever, new sites are welcome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 10:16PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 13, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: Pedersen
nice to see a new gp3 site...but if linking anyone else´s work or having them on the site...always ask for permission first.
Date: October 13, 2009 11:39PM
I should have looked better or I need new glasses, anyway, you are right, Roberto.
So we have the permission question again, for editors/utilities (7-8 years old)
it is okay IMO, for tracks like the belini/Roberto ones it would be better to ask
the authors (pm or mail) or what do you think about it ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: October 14, 2009 06:37PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
I think as long as they haven't expressley forbid it, and you make sure it says who actually made it. Then i dont see a problem.

I think there is a problem with people being overly protective of their work. Sites die, especially as GP3 isnt a new game anymore and people have moved on. And if you havent let people put your stuff on other sites then they get lost, sometimes forever.
Date: October 14, 2009 07:34PM
I dont understand why this thread finished with discussing about the permission thingy. I have no problem with permission. I only noticed that he reuploaded something already available when there are other things missing since a long time after the site unconnection, expecialy editors and tools.
I'm running out of Mb in my site, so just thinking for a while i'd like to have the exclusivity for my works just to accelerate the credits earning by banners view and get new space asap otherwise I'm out. i already noticed in Orkut they dont bother about this and put direct links to internal pages or files. This also makes my site outlaw to Altervista free hosting rules... I suppose this is the same for GPG, as I've read about lack of banners earning making things hard for Stephan... I get some euros by banners too, as they wont make me rich I planned to donate them to gpg as they are made available. supposing The boss makes a donation page in english. ;)

In example I still have no idea about how belini tracks are organized (versions, genjam etc) i still miss jams in game whatever thing i install or i have the wrong version loaded with outdated genjams. As Rob8791 is caring about page compiling, would be a good idea to finally give a definitive placement to these tracks. and later put a link in gpg too to exchange trafic:

YEAR / TRACK NAME / LATEST VERSION / GENJAM VERSION / DOWNLOAD LINK

The same goes for those thing placed in pages written in dutch/german where i had to click everithing to see a download start

these are just ideas, as gp3 is old now we should try to survive, not obstructions attempt like some think...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 07:40PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 14, 2009 10:47PM
Posted by: AAS
Several times I have offered webspace for a temporary Gp3 site on grandprix2.de.
With the most important tracks editors and tools.
But nobody take notice.

Whatever, grandprix2.com is down and I have more than enough work with the GP2 stuff.
Date: October 15, 2009 08:33AM
@ Roberto:
Sorry for misunderstanding.
@ AAS:
Thank you very much for all you do for GP2, Andreas, we try the same with GP3, so we should all
stay together to survive and keep these great games alive.

Happy racing from Germany
Helmut.

Date: October 15, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: belini
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In example I still have no idea about how belini
> tracks are organized (versions, genjam etc) i
> still miss jams in game whatever thing i install
> or i have the wrong version loaded with outdated
> genjams.

if you read the info it tells you what version of genjams are required,
currently v4.

as you're missing jams it must be that your only extracting selected seasons
of tracks, most tracks require jams from previous seasons, I do this to cut
down on the file sizes.

pk

belini on youtube
[uk.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2009 10:14PM
i installed the whole pack, but for some tracks i needed older versions. Also i still see colored panel. Could it be the matter of the jam size?

anyway, seriously I'm considering to quit everything instead. New bug of the day: if i start in debug mode i get a black screen stalling and freezing the whole system....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 10:16PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 16, 2009 03:19AM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
since i installed gp3 in win xp i have this problem about the black screen...

So i close gpx patch and open so the game works..

is very strange but...

Date: October 16, 2009 06:17AM
Posted by: ro4die
Made in Brazil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> since i installed gp3 in win xp i have this
> problem about the black screen...
>
> So i close gpx patch and open so the game works..
>
> is very strange but...

it hapens with me too!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Date: October 16, 2009 08:30AM
Posted by: quickslick
did you skip intro and startup menu in gpxpatch?
Date: October 16, 2009 11:09AM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
I got that too... But I can solve it... Just enter the GPxPatch with this command line:

C:\Grand Prix 3 2000 Season\GPxPatch.exe -r -s season.set

Of course, the red line stands for your GP3 folder... The blue line stands for the season set in GPxPatch, but it's usually the default one... (but check that out!!)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: October 16, 2009 11:13AM
Posted by: mcdo
Just add the below in the Target field of the GPx shortcut. Change the XXX to the name of your .set file.

"C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 3 2000 Season\GPxPatch.exe" /r /s XXX.set

I copied it from the shortcuts from a Ralph Hemmerich carset. It means you go straight to the game, so now I have two shortcuts. The other one's for GPxPatch.
Date: October 16, 2009 12:09PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Me too... ^^"

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: October 16, 2009 12:33PM
Posted by: Pedersen
i get the black screen aswell the first time i start gp32k throu gpx patch...but i close the game and start it again and it works :)
Date: October 16, 2009 01:42PM
it happens with 1.13 to me and it's not a simple crash. screws the system for too long :(
FFS i want back my old pentium III with Nvidia Riva TNT2 and detonator 30.82 on Win98.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy