Are you any good?

Posted by St.Hubbins 
Are you any good?
Date: September 20, 2009 04:58AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Just a thought really and not something I care to measure...

So there is a nice and active GP community still. Really after all this time we swhould be legends. But do you think you are any good at actually driving on the game?

Me, well I am kinda okay at GP3 but very hot on 2k. I guess that is because I bought both at the same time and founf 2k better so only really played that.

But yeah, I rock in 2k (my penis is this big<---------->;) but probably suck or am at least average in 1.13.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: Are you any good?
Date: September 20, 2009 09:08AM
Posted by: Jackal
First of all, from the results I know from you in different leagues, I say you are well above average in 1.13 as well. And to answer your question: If I remember correctly, you used to beat me regularly whenever we met (at VBC's old hotlap league or at Giammy's league or whatever), usually quite clearly too, by half a second a lap or more.

So if you are only average at 1.13, then no, I guess I am no good at driving this game. But since I reckon you are really good, I think that I myself could be average at this (or at least I like to tell me that I'm at least average :p )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 09:08AM by Jackal.
Date: October 01, 2009 08:34AM
Posted by: Pedersen
ahh...well, when i played this game at the most i considered myself to be resonable good, not the best, but far from the worst. Used to compete in the F1WGP3L and used to win a race or 2 and was up in the top half of the championship. But that was back then...now, wow, i´ve lost alot! But its great fun to be racing again! If i just could get the game to work on xp64 hehe.
Date: October 01, 2009 06:42PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
i can be reasonably fast in a single lap...

but consistency it's just not my thing... i usually end up out of the track in five or six laps...

-------------------------------------------
Date: October 01, 2009 07:26PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Once, I played a complete race on Interlagos, with many people from Latin and North America.

It was a great race! I won, but I'm not an expert on full races. (except in GP32koc) ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: October 02, 2009 04:08AM
Posted by: Racer#73
NeoLiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i can be reasonably fast in a single lap...
>
> but consistency it's just not my thing... i
> usually end up out of the track in five or six
> laps...

I'm like that too. Doing a fast lap that put you on pole during qualifying can be something easy sometimes, but keeping that rhythm for over 70 laps, that's completely different. And most of the times I end up in a wall trying to be fast and consistent....

Cheers
Date: October 02, 2009 09:00AM
Posted by: vbc
This forum makes me remember great times, I met a lot of nice people here.
GP3Hotlaps and GP3 from 2002 to 2007 was a great period of my life. :)

I have not played in more than a year, but the heat is still there I think. Hopefully someday I will find time, unpack my steering wheel/pedals, and have fun.

@Alan: I have not forgotten your challenge in Magny-Course and Barcelona using GP3-2000. ;)

Greetings to every GPX player.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: October 02, 2009 09:40AM
Posted by: drafi5
Nice to see you again, Victor.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: October 02, 2009 09:54AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Well, i don't know if i'm a good driver or a donkey.
After having tested and experimented almost everything, now i play this way:
- i use Gp3 1.13, official patch, original physic;
- all the car engines are 800 bhp
- i set the AI performance in Gp3Edit so that the best driver has 16384 grip (+/- the range);
- i have the fixed 800 bhp engine and 16384 player grip;
- then i set the AI performance in the MD file for each track to be in the first 5 drivers, and if i make a great lap (but really a great lap, bording the madness) i can set the pole;
- as it is very difficoult to be consistent in race, in Gp3Edit i set the performance of the race for AI 250 less than the qual;
- i have a 1 hour race with ususally 2 pitstops
and i swear, i always have great challenge (and fun) but very difficoult races.
At the end of my first full season (CART 2001) i finished 5th, winning a race in Cleveland, and had a few podiums, but also a few mistakes, expecially at the end of the race as i was tired (i play with a force feedback steering wheel and pedals). And believe me, expecially on ovals, is very hard to stay focused for a hour turning on the left.
At the end of the race i am almost destroyed. I can only imagine how demanding could be for a real driver having a 2 hours real-life race.
Bye
Date: October 02, 2009 12:10PM
Posted by: NYK
I haven't been around here for ages, just got myself a GP4 so I'm downloading stuff for it.
As for GP3, well I thought I was pretty good, considering I drive with keyboard there were times and tracks that I could be very very fast :D

A big HEY FELLAS to the old hotlaps crew :))

Date: October 02, 2009 12:15PM
vbc, great to hear from you again!

I improved my time at Barcelona on 2k to 1, 16.557s. I think there is still a tenth to get if I can be bothered but lately I haven't been playing at all.

A bit gutted that hotlaps.de closed the GP3 2000 competition as I have loads of laps that would shoot me up to about 5th or 6th in the rankings. Mind you, some places like Spa and Indy I really cant get close to the best digi time of Riccardo :s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 02, 2009 05:00PM
Posted by: Jackal
Pedersen schrieb:
> Used to compete in
> the F1WGP3L and used to win a race or 2 and was up
> in the top half of the championship. But that was
> back then...

No doubt F1WGP3L was great. Loads of fun, the only downside being certain drivers sending other drivers Günther-songs via MSN...
Date: October 02, 2009 05:53PM
Posted by: Briere
Pedersen Wrote:
> ahh...well, when i played this game at the most i
> considered myself to be resonable good, not the
> best, but far from the worst. Used to compete in
> the F1WGP3L and used to win a race or 2 and was up
> in the top half of the championship. But that was
> back then...now, wow, i´ve lost alot! But its
> great fun to be racing again! If i just could get
> the game to work on xp64 hehe.

I remember when I was Mr. Sprint :) I think I won 11/13 sprint races during season 4. And I dominated some important weeks like Eastern Creek and Monaco. SO yes I think I was good. But now I play for my own fun, without any "pressure", so I'm a tad slower, but if I took time to work on setups better, I think I could be as fast, if not faster, as before :)
Date: October 03, 2009 10:28PM
Posted by: Pedersen
Jackal: haha, i have nooooo idea what so ever :)

Briere: heyyy u´r still alive?! how are u? yeah u were good in the sprints! Especially when u raced in the outmost outstanding MPR! :)
Date: January 17, 2010 11:24PM
Posted by: AlexClarke
I think my highest result in F1WGP3L was 4th - I remember that on my 21st birthday. All I can say is wow, that was almost 5 years ago. Time certainly does fly!
Date: January 18, 2010 12:43AM
Posted by: phatdaddy
I have been playing the game a long time but have never had the computer to compete online. I have won several full race distance championship at the expert level in both f1 and CART, using normal physics. I raced for several years using only a joysick. This year I am going to run a fictional Can Am race based on teams I built and the 1970s Lemans carshape. It shold be a lot of fun. By the way, how do you upload your pics?
Date: January 18, 2010 02:03AM
Posted by: harjinator
upload the picture to imageshack or photobucket (my personal preference) and then use the link here

Big Hi to all the hotlaps guys from "mr Minardi"...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 28, 2010 07:09PM
Posted by: reddwarf
i would be interested to measure my "abilities" against you guys but i play a very retro carset just now so i doubt mt times would be very competitive!! Is there a league table still in existence?
Date: January 29, 2010 12:26PM
HOF3 is no longer online so the most in-depth site is probably hotlaps.de

If you are interested I have a spare seat in the recently launched GP3 World Series League. The website for the league is here: [gp3worldseries.weebly.com] so if you fancy a drive then drop me a PM and we can sort out some details. :)

Date: January 29, 2010 05:56PM
Posted by: reddwarf
wow it starts this weekend lol , not much time for acclimatization eh. how does the timescale work if due to other commitments you cannot be online at the deadline, or can u email your files before this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy