Season Set 2001

Posted by kas 
Season Set 2001
Date: September 11, 2002 05:00AM
Posted by: kas
I am currently running RH 2001 season set on GP3 2000. However has anyone found problems with the computer cars performances. During qualifying all 22 cars are only at most 2.8 or 2.9 seconds off the pole time. Is this about right or not.
I am thinking of installing the 2002 season set, is this set an improvement and how are the performance files for the races yet to take place calculated.
Thanks in advance.
KAS
Re: Season Set 2001
Date: September 11, 2002 08:28PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
There is a General Performance file which defines the CC's for the unrun races. This is only estimated but takes into account the average performances of the cars, so you will find the Ferrari's way ahead and Yoong about five minutes of the pace.

The only problem I have with the 2002 performance files is this: Arrows have failed to enter some of the races, and as a result their performance values have been set very low on the relevant tracks. This has caused me a problem or two - I was qualifying at Hungary and on my out lap saw a car way off in the distance, just a spec on the horizon. I kept my distance and still caught the damn thing at turn four. Bernoldi and Frentzen were lapping some 12 seconds slower than they should be! Easily solved of course, but a bit of a pain in the posterior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: Season Set 2001
Date: September 12, 2002 03:24AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yeah, its kind of how Ralph thinks they will perform. The reason arrows is slow is because if they don't race, they get a big zero in all his catagories for calculating it, bringing the average right down. But also its to give the effect that they're not in the race....thought you'd see them a lot more if they ere going slowly (lap them more) so what the logic behind that decision is I don't know.

Anyway, its an improvement on the original so.

If you're not happy with the perf file, make your own....it doesnt take long to get the basic grid order right, and then you just tweak it. Also you can bump up the figures in your favourite team, or make scenarios..."Suddenly BAR lead the field, from nowhere! JV wins 16 races in a row!!" etc

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy