a magicdata thread? could it be useful?

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: a magicdata thread? could it be useful?
Date: June 25, 2011 06:38PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Bump ;)

Been playing around a bit with md and discovered the value:

desc48=fuel???

seems to be something like fuel density. Increase the value and the car weight increases with the same amount of fuel, and also the fuel burns slower. Theoretically you can therefore increase the fuel penalty and slow cars with heavier fuel loads. Of course it is necessary to also increase the fuel consumption values desc70 and desc71.

Something, however, has me stumped. I am testing using Zolder and a 1984 carset with no scheduled pitstops. I can change how much cars get slower/faster by adjusting "desc72=cc shuffler???" and the lower the value the faster the cars go and the less drop-off there is. But no matter what value I set the cars will eventually go faster and always by lap 60-62 (of a 72-lap race) they will match the fastest lap time, and thereafter continue to go faster, so the fastest lap is always on he final lap of the race, backmarkers notwithstanding.

This makes me think that there is a tyre-weal limit, and once this limit is reached the tyres will not deteriorate any further, so lap times are then only effected by the fuel weight. I haven't yet seen any value in the magicdata to control AI tyre wear, and to be honest have not had the patience to drive so many laps myself to see if only the AI reaches this tyre wear limit or if it is also human-controlled cars.

What I really want to achieve is for laptimes to drop off due to tyre wear throughout a full race for AI cars. Maybe this is asking too much bearing in mind my 1984-1993 ideal and the fact the game was made several years later, but I live in hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy