Okay... new here etc etc

Posted by robroy 
Okay... new here etc etc
Date: August 30, 2002 03:21AM
Posted by: robroy

So where I should start?

Just bought used GP3, must be the earlier versions, Probably v 1.00, at least not the GP3-2000.

Problem: wan't to put new setups for season 2002 (cars, drivers etc) and make it look like real for 2002, but didn't manage to do it. D'loaded Hasbro's gp3.exe (decrypted?) and the patch too, also gp3edit. Installed them all, but the game was terrible slow. And still driving with ferrari when wanting to burn rubber with mercedes.

What should I do and in what order if starting all over and making it work properly?

From where should I download the right (and the best possible) exes, patches and setups?

Have Win XP.

And: from where in the game is it possible to check the gp3 version?

Thousands of thank u's for everyone who would be kind to help.
Re: Okay... new here etc etc
Date: August 30, 2002 06:28AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

OK, I don't check this forum anymore but I've got some time to burn and I remember having this question when I was a newbie myself with Gp3.

1 Install Gp3

2 Download the official version 1.13 patch for Gp3, install it.

3 Download the no cd crack for gp3, install it.

4 Download/Install GpxPatch and Gp3Edit.

if you use Hardware mode (ie have a video card) go to step 8.

5 It's difficult finding a software 2002 season set, but I'm pretty sure Ralph Hummerich released one. Have a look over at his site, do a google search on him if you don't know his site.

6 Open the file u downloaded with Gp3Edit, and export it to the game. Depending on the download you got, you may have to find an additional update which exports the driver pics as well. I don't know if RH's set includes them. If they dont, then find '2002 driver sets' or something similar. It will be the same type of file as ur first download. Again, open it up in gp3 edit and export it to the game. All the stuff u exported to the game from the original 2002 RH set will still be there, plus the additional stuff ur exporting.

7 Go to step 9.

8 Download the 2002 update from Ralph Hummerich, and follow all the text files and stuff to use GpxPatch to export it all to your game.

9 Play the game!

Date: August 30, 2002 11:28PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
"Depending on the download you got, you may have to find an additional update which exports the driver pics as well. I don't know if RH's set includes them. "

RH2002 update doesn't have any of the menu graphics updated, so you will need to download these files separately. If you browse around this site in the downloads section you should find everything you need - I did. As it says above, RH's 2002 set, GPxPatch, and also you'll need ArtTool 2000 to install the menu arts etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 31, 2002 03:36AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

You don't need ArtTool 2000, Gp3Edit can handle the menu arts. But thanks for clearing up the thing about RH's set :)

Date: September 04, 2002 12:11PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
if only i had so much time ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy