Tyre wear and grip profiles for each tyre type (Excel sheet released) .

Hi there!

I don't know if someone else already have this knowledge, but I've broken the code for the tyre types in GP2, GP3, GP32K and GP4.

For my surprise, GP3 is more detailed than GP32k and GP4 in this aspect. I was setting up a tool so you could change grip and wear for each yre type in each weather condition, but lack of time and hd problems dis not let me go ahead. I have a preliminar tool which works with GP3 and GP32K, bu it's not finished and have some bugs.

I'd like to give this knowledge to someone so he can create an editor, or something. It gives new possibilties to racing simulation in those games and it's quite simple, in fact.

So, if anyone is interested in work on it, please tell me.

By the way, how do I change my account name in this forum?

Regards

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 08:18PM by RRRReméééédiooo.
Re: Tyre wear and grip profiles for each tyre type.
Date: April 18, 2009 02:55PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Hi there....nice job on breaking that code.

Your idea looks good and interesting.

Unfortunately i don't have any programming skills so i cannot be much of a help.

But i would be very interested, if someone could do that editor.

cheers
my knowledgs poorly stalls into VB5/VB6 but sounds an interesting tool.
An interesting aspect to exploit would be to have cars with different compounds as i see all mount hards or all softs for what i know

eventually take your time but dont let this tool fad away ;-)

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 03:45PM by R_Scandura.
I can finish the tool by myself, but it will take some months cause I have no spare time right now, and becouse of a HD problem I can't play GP3 at all. So if someone else can make it (the program just need to able to open GP3.exe in binary mode and edit some offsets).

Unfortunately, I don't know how to produce races with mixed tyre types (that would be really fantastic). I just know how to change the grip and wear for each compound.
Wow!
It would be great to change the tyre values! so far, I always had the problem in GP3 that my laptimes became slower at the end of each stint (just before the pitstop) because of the tyre wear...
unfortunately I'm not able to create such an editor... sorry!
RRRReméééédiooo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to produce races
> with mixed tyre types (that would be really
> fantastic). I just know how to change the grip and
> wear for each compound.

No way, Remédio!! 2000 season rules stated that you had to choose your tyre compound until the Saturday Qualifying... Once chosen between prime and option, you had to use only that same compound for entire Qualifying, Warm-Up and Race...

Or did you meant x drivers with prime and y drivers with option?

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
I've meant meant x drivers, but I think it's not possible anyway.
Ok guys. There was no programmer interested on making an editor for this, so I've created a quick solution so you can test it at the same that all info needed to create a real application will be available on it. Is an excel sheet which can patch the game via VBA macro.

The sheet works for GP3, GP32K and GP4. But it was not properly tested. Please, backup your game (gp3.exe, gp3_2000.exe or gp4.exe) before using it.

To install the sheet just extract it for the game directory (the directory where your .exe is).

MACROS MUST BE ENABLED OR IT WON'T WORK!!!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Open it and go to the sheet with the name of your game and click in the Import button. It will populate a table with some values.

GP3 has different values for the grip and wear of each tyre compound. And there are 12 values for each compound, 1 for each track condition.

GP32K and GP4 are a bit different. They have only two wear categories for dry tyres: hard and soft. So the dry tyre compound just changes the tyre grip (I can't understand why they did that).

If someone to develop a real program, all the offsets are available.

If someone looks into the code, he will see it's very primitive, cause I'm not a programmer.

I hope you like it, it must be used with caution, but people who have good knowledge on configuring the game will find it very useful. If you tune the magic data with real values for fuel comsumption it can help you to try the perfect simulation.

I'm not a GP3 or GP4 player (I'm a GP2 player, cause GP2 is far better! :D ), I've just found it by curiosity and luck, I think this topic on GPX editing needs a more serious aproach and I hope someone takes it forward.

Regards

[quickgp2.net46.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 05:31PM by RRRReméééédiooo.
An error noticed by Lo2k:

Hard and soft tyres are inverted for GP32K and GP4, so hards are softs and softs are hards.
Did anybody test it?
Hard and soft wet tyres are also inverted on all games. I'll fix it on monday.
Date: May 17, 2009 04:31AM
Posted by: ro4die
Remédio my name is Reinaldo, i don't know if you remember me but i am a guy you asked for help on editing tracks a time ago... i would like to test his "application" but the PC that i'm using is not able or rotate the GP2 even, in any case i am glad that this novelty and you are still involved with the GP series, cheers.

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
ro4die Wrote:
> Remédio my name is Reinaldo, i don't know if you
> remember me but i am a guy you asked for help on
> editing tracks a time ago... i would like to test
> his "application" but the PC that i'm using is not
> able or rotate the GP2 even, in any case i am glad
> that this novelty and you are still involved with
> the GP series, cheers.

Of couse I remember you. I've been planing to write to you becouse I have an unfinished Cascavel track for GP2 in my hd and I see you've made a version for GP3, maybe we can exchange info... My sheet is for GP3, GP32K and GP4. For GP2 I've been using this kinf of stuff for sometime with my GP2 tool (GP2STE).

I'll keep playing and editing GP2, becouse my pc is really crap and I can't leave that community after all these years. :)

Regards
Here's the new version. Regards

[quickgp2.net46.net]
Date: May 20, 2009 07:14PM
Posted by: ro4die
hi, how to use this?

cheers!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
I would like to try it but excel has never been my very best friend. I receive warnings about disabled macros, protection levels, and tons of aramaic instructions to follow. Exactly the 3 things that make me drag any file inside the recycle icon.

but good to see the tool is on a good stage!

-------------------------------
ro4die Wrote:
> hi, how to use this?
>
> cheers!

There's a quick explanation on this topic..

R_Scandura Wrote:
> I would like to try it but excel has never been my
> very best friend. I receive warnings about
> disabled macros, protection levels, and tons of
> aramaic instructions to follow. Exactly the 3
> things that make me drag any file inside the
> recycle icon.
>
> but good to see the tool is on a good stage!

You must enable macros. But it seems like Office 2007 won't accept the sheet.

You've told you can program in VB6, so if you look the VBA code for the macros, you'll understand how it works (VBA for Excel 2002 = VB6).

I could make a program, but I don't have free time or interest on doing it...and excell can do anything a program can, without the need to program the interface side...

I warn you guys that only people able to correctly setup races working with magic data will take advantage of editing the tyres.

There's a GP4 patcher interested on making a general program with it, that would work in all versions of GPx. I hope he does that.
Hello all !!
RRRReméééédiooo, can you send me your tyre wear and grip excel sheet if it is still available?
I contacted you through private message.
Thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 05:44PM by Vins.
As I said in the PM, I don't have it anymore. But I still have the relevant offsets for GP3 1.13, so it can be redone (and find the offsets for GP32k and GP4 should be easy). When I have some spare time I will create a small editor and upload it here at grandprixgames.org.
Can you tell me what are these offset so I can modify them in a hex editor?
In any case i wait for your new editor.
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy