Problem with Surfers Paradise

Posted by ced90 
Problem with Surfers Paradise
Date: April 09, 2009 11:42AM
Posted by: ced90
I've got a Problem with the Surfer's Paradise Track from Matthew Burge. In one turn several cars crash into the barriers. The cars are completely destroyed then. Do you know this problem? How one could solve it? A race is not possible, because after a few laps no more cars are in the race.
Re: Problem with Surfers Paradise
Date: April 09, 2009 01:18PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
With me, the bug is on pit entrance...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: April 09, 2009 02:25PM
Posted by: Jackal
Yes, I have encountered only the pit entrance bug as well. If there is crashing on another part of the track, you might want to check your physics or CC grip. I know that setting a CC's grip to a value of 10000 or less makes it actually miss corners more often than not.
Date: April 09, 2009 03:38PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I noticed only the bug entering the pit, quite easy to solve changing the MD value "sector to pit in" (i don't remember what value, i did it months ago).
Other prolems could be related to the physic or to CC setup, or to fuel load (i discovered that if the pit strategy makes the CC run with a lot of fuel, they miss the breaking point: remember Gp3 has been developed to fit 1998 F1 season, when the pit strategy was quite always at least of 2 pitstops).
Bye.
Date: April 10, 2009 05:21PM
Posted by: ced90
Jackal schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I have encountered only the pit entrance bug
> as well. If there is crashing on another part of
> the track, you might want to check your physics or
> CC grip. I know that setting a CC's grip to a
> value of 10000 or less makes it actually miss
> corners more often than not.

Well, I already thought of something like that, but i used values of around 18000. But I'll try another physic data then... let's see
Date: April 11, 2009 12:43AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
The version of Surfer's Paradise I have works fine with CC grip in the perf file set between 16500 and 15000 across the 22 cars. I seem to remember the problem was at the fist of the double-left corner after the two chicane at the start of the lap, but don't know if I changed the cc line or magic data. Mind you, I use GP3 2000 rather than 1.13 so maybe that is the difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy