Gray walls on new tracks

Posted by Lobster 
Gray walls on new tracks
Date: August 20, 2002 07:53PM
Posted by: Lobster
Need help! New player with GP3. I've tried to install new tracks for GP3 (trackset 2002, Indy 2000 or 2001, Sepang 2001, etc.). According to instructions, I use GPxpatch in debug mode. It works except that I always obtain gray walls around the sides of tracks( with no adverts or publicities). Is there a way to remove those gray walls?
Re: Gray walls on new tracks
Date: August 20, 2002 09:44PM
Posted by: Larry
Are the tracks made for the same version that you have (GP3 v1.13 or GP3-2000)? Are the tracks made for the mode that you use (hardware or software graphics mode)?

Date: August 21, 2002 05:50AM
Posted by: mortal
grey walls are missing track jams ;-) sure you have installed correctly?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 21, 2002 07:11AM
I've made a complete install. Is it what you call hardware mode? I've tried tracks that are told to work for both hardware and software.
Date: August 21, 2002 01:30PM
Hardware (HW) mode means that your graphics card processes the graphics, freeing the CPU to do the rest. Software (SW) mode is used if your grahics card is not powerful enough to process the graphics, so your CPU must do all this work and the results are not as "pretty". To know what mode you are using, in the GP3 graphics options menu, check what render device is selected. You should see one of two choices: "Software" or the name of your graphics card (hardware).

Once you know this, you will know if you should download HW or SW tracks. Then make sure that you follow PRECISELY the installation procedure in the text file that is included with the track. The procedure can vary from one download to another.

Also, if you have GP3 v1.13 and you download a track or trackpack made for GP3-2000, the track might use some jams that are only included in GP3-2000 so there will be some missing textures.

Date: August 21, 2002 01:50PM
Posted by: Ellis
Hardware tracks will be in a folder called

GP3jamH

Software ones will be in

gp3jams

Is this correct?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 21, 2002 08:09PM
Thanks to Larry. You were right! So, thanks again.
Date: August 21, 2002 09:49PM
I just wanted you to get it working so you could download my Montreal 2002 track. ;-)

Date: August 23, 2002 07:01PM
Done. Do you have the ones for Toronto and SurfersParadise? Where can i find them? Thanks again!
Date: August 24, 2002 06:01AM
On grandprix3.com at this link to be precise:
[193.111.112.56]

Date: August 26, 2002 07:18PM
Sorry Larry,
I followed your instuctions but it was impossible to me to download the software version of Toronto. Concerning SurfersParadise, I only found the hardware version.
Date: August 26, 2002 07:44PM
You're right. There is a broken link to the Toronto track download. You can report the broken link on the grandprix3.com main page and hopefully they will fix it. I don't know if a SW version is available for SurfersParadise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy