Big problem

Posted by Hägar 
Big problem
Date: August 16, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: Hägar
Hi all,

I've got this problem and I don't know how to solve it. Maybe you guys can. It only happens when I'm in qualifying in the San Marino Grand Prix. I'm sitting in the car and suddenly (approximately around 53-52 minutes left in qualifying) the screen returns to Windows and displays an error message.

I have no clue whatever it can be. So I opened the logfile made by GPxPatch v3.02 and this is what I read:

Starting log
GPxPatch version: 3.02
GPx version detected: decrypted GP3-2000
Verbosity level is 0
OS version info: Windows Me build 3000
Total physical memory: 119 MB (free: 4 MB)
Debugging gp3_2000.exe
Waiting for debug events...
Injecting DLL loading code...
Injection succesful
First chance exception
Exception address: 0x00507dd0
Exception code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Process tried to read from virtual address 0xffffffff
Unhandled exception
Exception address: 0x00507dd0
Exception code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Process tried to read from virtual address 0xffffffff

Does anyone know what I have to do or can anyone tell me what's wrong. I tried installing different Imola track versions, but I got no result. What makes it even stranger is that it only happens on this track in qualifying.

Please help!

Greetz,

Hägar The Horrible
Re: Big problem
Date: September 29, 2002 05:05PM
Posted by: Troy
Just a stab in the dark but could it be:

Bad sector on your disk - when information is written and/or tries to read from this same space, it brings back this error and crashes.

Could also be linked too not enough memory - resulting in accessing Virtual memory more which in turn accentuates the above issue with reading and writing from potentially bad sectors.

Just thinking outloud....
Date: September 29, 2002 05:53PM
Posted by: Larry
Speaking of virtual memory, is it configured to a fixed value (which may be set too small) or is it configured to be managed by Windows?

Date: September 29, 2002 06:00PM
Posted by: Larry
Have you tried it with an earlier version of GPxPatch because the 3.xx versions mainly have features added for GP4. I think GPxPatch v2.21 is the last pre-GP4 version.

Date: September 30, 2002 03:43AM
Posted by: mortal
can you post this error to the SDI forum, Rene will see it and let you know what is wrong there for sure ;-)
Date: October 03, 2002 07:05AM
Posted by: ramoats
I agree with Larry, I had an Identical problem and reverting to the earlier version of GPX fixed it. It's an older post found here:

[www.grandprix3.com]

But I never got any feedback on it.......

RA Moats
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy