Black Flag Penalties

Posted by Ajayrious 
Black Flag Penalties
Date: March 04, 2009 03:07PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
How do i turn off (or delete) the corner cutting/black flag penalties. They are really starting to annoy me as they can punish you unjustly for making the tiniest of errors.
Re: Black Flag Penalties
Date: March 04, 2009 03:11PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Worst feature ever indeed.
Open the dat file with P. Hoads Track editor and in the sector T0 (the first one) do a CTRL-X on all the commands with the black flag icon. Save and put the magicdata again.

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 03:12PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 04, 2009 04:02PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Well, Black Flags are there to prevent a driver from making an excellent lap at Monaco (as an example) cutting, at least, two chicanes (Portier and Piscine 2nd chicane...)

I remember that I've recorded a time bypassing some of Piscine's 2nd chicane (if bypassed a little more, would be black flagged for sure) and then I never was able to beat my time again...

It's useful also in old Hockenheim and Monza... I remember the old Grand Prix 1, where I could improve the lap record at Monza by 10~15 seconds just bypassing chicanes...

It's a goos question: how could be penalized the cutting chicanes in game instead of Black Flags?

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: March 04, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
a solution could be to increase the speed allowed in the chicane in the same BF commands. In this way it won't penalize everyone everycase but just who kamikazes inside it

-------------------------------
Date: March 04, 2009 06:07PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Well if you are driving on your own then just play the game honestly! The black flags are really only important to stop cheating in league racing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 04, 2009 06:24PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well if you are driving on your own then just play
> the game honestly! The black flags are really only
> important to stop cheating in league racing.

Im not trying to cheat. I just hate losing 10 seconds for out braking myself at a chicane, that I probably would of been slower in anyway.
Date: March 04, 2009 08:36PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Yes, I understand! My point was that there really is no harm in removing them from the dat file as long as you are not racing in a league :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 05, 2009 12:38PM
Right!!

By the way, I see the black flags as a way to improve my driving... I mean, it makes you learn the "EXACT!!" point to reach a turn without being black flagged...

Got it? ;)

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Date: March 05, 2009 03:29PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Well, i think black flag penalty is a nice feature of Gp3: in Monterrey track, for example, i inserted 2 black flag points in the chicanes, as i often cut the chicaned without problems and gained a lot of time: if you set well the position and the speed allowed, it could be a good solution (you must think the slowing down as you get a drive trough penalty); but it could be even dangerous, as sometimes the CC can hit you, or have a very hard crash expecially if the corner is very tight.
So i think the best way is to be "honest" and give the position back if you overtake someone in a race, or to slow down in a qualyfing lap, without a bad positioned black flag area that can ruine your race.
Bye.
Date: March 05, 2009 05:24PM
Hint: Belini's Fuji Speedway has no Black Flags at Dunlop Chicane!! (Turns 10 to 12)

Or, at least, not in the previous versions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 06:01PM by ErickVonDraxeler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy