Portland update for CART carset

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
Portland update for CART carset
Date: August 07, 2002 01:22PM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Joining the Laguna Seca update released at the weekend, I've now released the Portland update for my CART 2002 carsets for GP3 and GP3-2000. All available at [www.pedmonds.f9.co.uk]

The Pen

Re: Portland update for CART carset
Date: August 07, 2002 04:31PM
Posted by: bazza
Hey, Paul!

You're mods are great for GP3 and GP3 2000, they kept up my intrest in the games for some time. Just wondered if you were planning on doing any CART mods for GP4?

Bazza

Date: August 08, 2002 05:32PM
Posted by: VasserFan
Paul,

Thank you for your dedication to our obsession. Everyone's time is valuable, and I appreciate your input.

thanks,

VasserFan
Date: August 10, 2002 02:37AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Bazza - in a word, no. GP4 kept crashing on my machine and required a driver update for my video card, which not only asked me to configure the GP4 graphics every time, but also transferred the same problem to GP3 and GP3-2000.

Also, from what I've seen reported, GP4 maps some cars without using the whole bitmap, which means that doing a car that's markedly different, (as opposed to updating a Ferrari, for example), may be very difficult.

The Pen

Date: August 10, 2002 01:52PM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah, ur right paul. Updating cars aint too hard, u find which bit is which and add new detail.

But making a whole new car on those layouts is gota be hell!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy