Questions on GP3 v1.13

Posted by JohnMalisianos 
Questions on GP3 v1.13
Date: January 26, 2009 12:39PM
Posted by: JohnMalisianos
First of all I would like to say hallo to everyone. I reinstall my good ol' gp3. Found a cd with some add-ons, search the web for some more and ended up here with some questions for you, if you can help me.

1.Are there any 96, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07 & 08 carsets avaiable for GP3 v1.13? I found some from emac but for some reason I can't see a login button to join the download site.

2.In order to create a fantasy carset on my own, can I use gimp instead of photoshop for liveries?

3.In steve young's gp3edit, is there any tutorial on how numerical values like drivers' performance and ability range are calculated in order to have more realistic simulation on certain seasons?

4.I always liked to watch races in director mode but nowdays I noticed something that didn't happen in the past. In certain races & in almost certain laps during the race (not often in qualifying) the game crashes to desktop. Monaco (at half race), Canada, Gr. Britain, Germany, Luxembourg and Japan (all these in first lap). That didn't happen in the past. Maybe it's something wrong with the os. I run xp pro 32bit, gpxpatch v3.92. I tried compatibility mode and disabling the virtual memory, but nothing happened. Still crashes. :(

5.Do you know of any rookie gp3 championship goes on? i would like to play multiplayer races for first time in gp3! :)

These are all the questions that came in my mind right now! Whoever will answer all of them, will be a hero! :D

Thanx in advance,
John Malisianos

P.S. 6.Sometimes the jams are conflicted. In some races, when the director mode chooses some of the cameras which are on the car. The jam livery of the car colors the tyres! So the tyres are no longer black but dependable on the cars' colors! lol. Some other times there are black but with a magenta color line in the right part of them! Some other times then are just fine! This is a randomly appeared incident!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 12:53PM by JohnMalisianos.
Re: Questions on GP3 v1.13
Date: January 26, 2009 01:30PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Can't answer them all for certain but here goes.

1. There's a lot of cars floating around. If you search this site, both the downloads and the forum, you will find them!

2. Yep yep, you can use anything to do the liveries really, a great one for GP3 liveries is actually simple MS Paint, very under-rated tool sometimes! :)

3. There's probably one somewhere, maybe on the internet, but you can always download performance files for specific years anyway, I think there's generally a few floating round.
If you are interested in messing about with performances, take a quick look at this thread in the GP4 forum [www.grandprixgames.org] GP4 and GP3 work the same way for performances.

4. Are they downloaded tracks? The only thing I can recommend really is setting the Verbosity of the Debug mode in GPxPatch to HIGH, and perhaps setting the CPU to 0 (It works for me, but ask around about that one.)

5. Can't help you here, but there may be something going on.

6. Not sure here, I had a similar problem years ago but I forget exactly what it was. It maybe that the JAM ids are incorrect. I'm not sure if you can change JAM ids in GP3Edit, but you can do it with any Jam tool you find here...Somebody else will probably have to help you on this one though!

Happy racing :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 01:34PM by The Lopper.
Date: January 26, 2009 01:57PM
Thank you very much Lopper.

The tracks are the default game tracks! That's why it seems so strange!

PS. Oh man! I am so happy! As you told me, after setting verbosity to high and cpu to 0, it works! I watched 3 laps in Canada and 3 in Germany, and no crash. All the other times there were crashes to desktop during the first lap!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 02:16PM by JohnMalisianos.
Date: January 26, 2009 04:39PM
Posted by: The Lopper
No worries man! :)

By the way, I checked emac's site, there's a lot of downloads there and as far as I can tell you don't need a login. Hopefully all the downloads still work! Check it here:[emac.sportplanet.gamespy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 04:40PM by The Lopper.
Date: January 28, 2009 12:25AM
You were absolutely right! Thanx again my friend. I tried from another pc of mine, and the download pop-up appeared! In the other pc, due to strict security that had never appeared! So now I need only the carsets from 2003 to 2008! As i saw, there will be one for 2009. Some members have already done perfect works in 2009 cars' colors!!!
As for the crashing problems i used to have, there were because of the win system file ntdll.dll, which is guilty for many problems around the world. Games and applications too.
Date: February 04, 2009 01:36PM
I am in a very good way! I found many of the tracks I wanted, but I still miss some. I search F1 real tracks of the past. At this moment I search for the old Interlagos layouts. After hours of site-searching I found that one of the long version was created by Starchild. All the links I found were leading me in this site. But neither in the downloads nor in the old downloads, i found anything. Does anyone have an idea where I can find them?
There were 5 layouts for Interlagos.
1.layout '73 7.960km (GP '73-'77)
2.layout '79 7.873km (GP '79-'80)
3.layout '90 4.325km (GP '90-'96)
4.layout '97 4.292km (GP '97-'99)
5.layout '00 4.309km (GP '00-nowdays)

Btw, I think I found a very good way to calculate performances. Spreadsheet program was on fire during the last days. I watched and tested the first race of the '80 season in the good, old and long Argentinian circuit. If anyone is interested in testing too, please feel free to tell me.

PS. Request 2. In the Long Beach track ('76 layout) by Starchild, the pit lane is placed is wrongly placed like '83 layout. That's the other side of the track. Does anyone have the correct '76 layout (GP '76-'81), plus the '82 layout (3.428km) and '83 (3.275km).

I wish I was an artist to design them, but I have track editor only to look at it. :(

PS2. And the older 4 Montreal layouts! ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 04:41PM by JohnMalisianos.
Date: February 05, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: shlund
Thanks for the many fine solutions, one by one I get the tracks to work on XP :) But the Belini "conversions" for GP3 1.13 I still have trouble. Read some place that they need magic data to work in 1.13 and therefore I would like to ask if anyone have magic data for Bahrain, Shanghai, Hockenheim, Istanbul and Spa 2007? If so please send to me :) Another solution could be to advise alternative versions of these tracks that work fine with XP... Thanks in advance. :)
Date: February 05, 2009 10:01PM
Posted by: drafi5
Henrik, you can extract the md2.data from 2k track with CMagic2000 and use
Roberto´s md2md Converter to get the md.file for 1.13 and insert it with
CMagic, sounds a bit complicated but it is very easy.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 06, 2009 07:55AM
Posted by: shlund
Okay, thanks for your tip, I will work on that... :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy