My crazy idea

Posted by Racer#73 
My crazy idea
Date: January 02, 2009 01:52AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Hi guys!

A few weeks ago i had this crazy idea of creating a map on Google maps locating all GP3 tracks. Until now i've located 110 tracks. I had this idea in order to be easier to select tracks randomly for my next season, but then it can be also a good database. So, I'm asking for some help.

First of all I need help for locating fictional tracks. Until now, i've been locating fictional tracks as they appear in their original names, but as you may know, some tracks for the
GP3-2000 Offline championship were renamed and relocated as in Espoo, Finland (scandura's track) was renamed to Bo-Ring and its location moved from Espoo, Finland to Moscow, Russia. As it also happened with Coppermine in Canada being renamed to Alkmaar in the Neteherlands (I guess). So, I'm asking if there's more tracks like that could you tell me? just write it like this: Original name, original location -> New name, new location (eg: Espoo, Finland -> Bo-Ring, Moscow, Russia)

Thanks

Another I want to ask please is for you to go to the deepness of your Hard driver and if you have some tracks that can't be found anywhere, like (i guess) Meadowlands or other rare tracks that you may have, tell for me to add their location and show them as tracks already made for GP3.

And if you think that i'm forgetting some track, please tell me.

PS: I havent located Ovals yet mostly because i don't use them on my seasons, but I will locate them eventually

This is what I've done so far: [maps.google.com]

The order by country (by continent) that I'm following is based on this site: [www.the-fastlane.co.uk]

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers and a Happy 2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 02:03AM by Racer#73.
Re: My crazy idea
Date: January 02, 2009 01:59AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Espoo Raceway a.k.a. BoRing, Finland (the Kimi 2007 tribute track ;))
Coppermine Park, Canada

These are the original Locations.
Keep the name how the track have been released or people will confuse as possible new projects...whatever name has been used in champs it's a matter of that champ.

but good idea :)

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 02:21AM by R_Scandura.
Date: January 02, 2009 04:03AM
Thanks for the advise Roberto.

So, as the creator of Big City, in which city do you want me to locate it?

R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>...whatever name has been used in champs
> it's a matter of that champ.
>

Can you tell me if the other fictional tracks used in the champ, like Bern-Grauholz, Lake Joutjarvi, have their original names?

Thanks!

Cheers.
Date: January 02, 2009 04:49AM
Bern-Grauholz is 'located' in switzerland, should be the original one.
Lake Joutjarvi shouldn't exist yet in Gp3. is a Gp2 track. i think he used another track renaming it this way... ask to Rod

I have some tracks located in the country of 'Somewhere' but all have the american style, BigCity, Sutton Park so i think they can be moved to USA
Dunno about Yankees facts, so if you need a specific city for bigcity, pick a cool one and let me know as i'm updating the track

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 07:06AM by R_Scandura.
Date: January 02, 2009 12:01PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
Big city has a cosmopolitan scenario, we have cities a lot with this specification there in USA.

Sutton Park i imagine close to New York, but is only for my suggestion.

Big city can be in Seattle, The microsoft HQ heheh! could be a good sugestion because no has good tracks there.

Date: January 02, 2009 03:52PM
Posted by: bigears
That's a good idea as it would work well with Roberto's track database.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 02, 2009 05:05PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
I renamed Big City into Los Angeles-Inglewood (Lakers :-)), but Seattle sounds good as well.
And Park Lane became ...Chicago.
Date: January 02, 2009 05:45PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
andrzej pilaszkiewicz Wrote:
> I renamed Big City into Los Angeles-Inglewood
> (Lakers :-)), but Seattle sounds good as well.
> And Park Lane became ...Chicago.

Well its a great idea!

I Suggest Seattle because we have great corporations on that area, the most importat track close that city is Infineom Raceway in California.

AND.............GO LAKERS GO!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 05:58PM by Made in Brazil.
Date: January 03, 2009 04:28AM
Seattle sounds a good idea.

I also liked the idea of locating it in L.A., but around L.A. we have Long Beach so Seattle we be good so we don't have tracks bunched up in the same region.

And regarding Sutton Park, for the champs it is located in Memphis, but if you type "Sutton Park, US" on Google maps it shows a place with that name. What do you think, should I keep it in Memphis or locate it in the place you find on Google maps, in upstate New York, near the Hudson River?

And I'm gonna go with andrzej's location for Park Lane: Chicago.

I guess that Patagonia and the Peruvian track for the champs are also the original ones, right?

The next country where i'm locating tracks is going to be Mexico. Apart from Mexico City, Fundidora Park and Agua Azul (fictional), are there any other Mexican tracks made for GP3?

Thanks!

Cheers
Date: January 03, 2009 08:03PM
Posted by: bonyardboy
go to: [www.statsf1.com]
here are maps of all tracks of f1
Date: January 10, 2009 03:23AM
Hi, I'm still locating the tracks made for GP3 (real and fictional)

So, I'm about to start locating USA tracks.

I'm going to locate the fictionals, Big City in Seattle, and Sutton Park in Memphis (I hope you're cool with it Roberto), and Park Lane in Chicago.

Now, for the real tracks I want to ask if theses tracks were actually made for GP3 or are still just projects:

Denver Streets 1990-1991
Meadowlands
Miami 1995

Thanks.

BTW, I haven't yet located three fictionals that I want to ask you for your opinion.

Autodromo Belini - I think it should in Belini's hometown, where's your hometown Belini?
Dadinidrome - Also located in Dada's hometown because he's the one who did the layout proposal, so, where your hometown Dada?
Forummembers Track - I think it should be located in a place related with this community. What do you think?

Cheers
Date: January 11, 2009 10:08AM
Posted by: Zieli
Forummembers Track could be placed in the Hometown of Nickv, he made the
proposal for the track layout
Date: January 11, 2009 10:34PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Racer#73, Rob and others, here I am!

I renamed Espoo and Copermine Park as myself: Moscow and Alkmaar.
About Big City, I renamed as New Jersey. And Sutton Park to Memphis.
And about Lake Joutjarvi, I'm making with ro4die, and soon, we'll post until August!

Could I get to explain? :-(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: January 14, 2009 06:49PM
Posted by: Nickv
Zieli schreef:
> Forummembers Track could be placed in the Hometown
> of Nickv, he made the
> proposal for the track layout

It's been released? :o

I lost track of it, after the proposals were made, but I never heard whether it was released or not, great to see that is was!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2010 11:18PM by Nickv.
Date: January 22, 2009 05:09PM
@ NivkV
If you don't mind I will use your hometown as the location for the Forummembers track. BTW, from Google earth looks like a nice place to live =)

Rod, no need to be mad, at first I located Coppermine and Espoo in the same places that you in your champ, but as you could see I was advised to keep the original names so people wouldn't confuse as new projects, so I also kept their original locations.
However, some tracks' location I'm guiding myself by the locations that you have in your champ, like, Kyzyl Kum, Bern Graholz, Cuzco (Peru), and Patagonia.
About Big City and Sutton Park, I haven't located neither of them yet. Sutton Park I'm also going to guide myself by your location a put it in Memphis, about Big City I had this vague idea that you used it in one of your champs, but i wasn't sure, so I asked for a location around here. BTW, sorry for the dumb question, when you say New Jersey, you're referring to the City next to New York, right?
About Lake Joutjarvi, I guess we're all looking forward to see it, any new track for GP3 is always welcomed. So, I wish you good luck and good work for this new project.

Cheers, and sorry for any trouble I caused. It wasn't my intention to make you mad.
Date: January 23, 2009 03:44PM
"Cheers, and sorry for any trouble I caused. It wasn't my intention to make you mad."

I'm not mad!!! Only little sad, because I change track names myself and someone could think that I want to be a star!!!

All things resolved!! Right?

Date: January 23, 2009 08:15PM
lol Rod, I hope I'm not a reason of your sadness\madness\lochness ;-)
I only suggested to Racer that using a different name for a champ is not a problem, but changing the release name may cause trouble with people not always here that may think they are new tracks and look for them ;)

BTW: Racer, have you found a place to put this stuff? I thought to do the same when I decided to update the track database.

BTW2: guys, let me know if i missed to include tracks in the database or wrong links, I'm going on with all those I can locate here. Soon I'll put fictionals tracks too :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 08:18PM by R_Scandura.
Date: January 23, 2009 10:03PM
I know, Rob... both of them (racer73 and you) aren't reason of my sadness...

I want, only, that others members think that I want to show me more than community!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 08:00PM by Rod_vs.
Date: January 23, 2009 10:07PM
About tracks, I changed this only on my championship... but I put real name on "circuit name", except Coopermine Park!!!

About Lake Joutjarvi, wait... soon, a great track made by ro4die and me!!!

Date: January 24, 2009 04:19AM
Rod_vs Wrote:

> All things resolved!! Right?

Just don't want you to be me mad man. Or sad either. So, for me all things resolved

I just asked this stuff because what I'm trying to do by creating this map is to have the most precise, as possible, map regarding track locations, and since the way you present the venues for your champ with the track location and stuff has this kind of cool realistic touch, I decided to guide myself by your locations. That's why I mixed up those tracks names and locations. And regarding renaming tracks, when doing this map my concern is not the name of the track but its location. But it's true, that if I'm showing this map for the people, especially from this community, to see, it's better to present them with the original name, so no one would confuse them as unreleased tracks.

Rod_vs Wrote:
> About tracks, I changed this only on my
> championship... but I put real name on "circuit
> name", except Coopermine Park!!!
>
> About Lake Joutjarvi, wait... soon, a great track
> made by ro4die and me!!!

I actually didn't know Bo-Ring was the track's real name. I thought that Bo-Ring had something to do with Moscow or Russia. LOL.

@Rob:
Maybe this is going to be a dumb question, but when you say "found a place to put this stuff", you're referring to the map, right :S? If it is, I'm a bit behind now. I got stuck on studying and work to do for college. But I'll try soon to update the map a little more. I stopped at Canada, and now i'm going to start locating US tracks made for GP3 (however I'm going to leave the ovals for the end), and then I have yet to locate South America tracks and Australia and New Zealand tracks. After that, I'm going to search for tracks that are in the old downloads section that I didn't put in the map, finally I'll will check the tracks at the race race sim central forum.

Note that while I locate a new track I don't put anything saying the track makers, a link, or what layouts are available. I just locate them geographically basically, and just say if they're real or fictional.

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy