Aintree 1955 available for testing

Posted by R_Scandura 
Aintree 1955 available for testing
Date: December 23, 2008 03:13AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Just thinking it was time for some horny experiments...

So I uploaded the Aintree track, with some ancient graphics. As usual, based on Google Earth, tried the smoothest ccline possible.
As I had no idea of where to put the pitlane I placed it where it was indicated for 1955. I did it without walls so you should see from track what happens in the pits like the old style. Of course there is a graphical trick and some weird glitch passing the main straigth using the T-cam but the result seems funny enough, hope you like it :)

It's in the beta section and hope to move it upper in the future. I recommend to install also the specific tarmac to fit the gfx

cya

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 03:36AM by R_Scandura.
Re: Aintree 1955 available for testing
Date: December 23, 2008 10:01AM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Thank You Rob, I will have a go on it today, see what happens.I like testing new tracks,i will give it a Powerful bust on the old tarmac, that's why they call me "TESTPILOT" the thing i do best...hihihi...;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: December 23, 2008 02:04PM
Posted by: ro4die
Beautiful track Rob! your talent to make track is fantastic!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Date: December 23, 2008 02:09PM
Posted by: abdelkader
I surely will have a ride at Aintree :) . Especially, that it is for the 1955 season - the one I'm about to simulate

<edit> Another great track ! :D I use cockpit view only so 'blind effect' doesn't occur in my case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 02:56PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 23, 2008 02:38PM
A very fast and smooth track, Roberto! In cockpitview no problems and with T-cam just like you said - a short blindness on the straight line - it gives you a little kick, espescially when you start a race in T-cam mode "Blind Start"...feels great.

You done it again ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: December 23, 2008 03:07PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
thanks guys, glad it's still usable.

I admit Aintree is a new discover for me, never cared before but found it's a great piece of asphalt, very surprised. I made a quick race with a modern carset and really liked it. It should be revamped for serious racing.

as reminds Benguela and is of the same 'era', with some more stuff of the same kind i could simulate a 60s minor champ... (searching mode ON) :)

-------------------------------
Date: December 23, 2008 04:01PM
Great idea Rob!!!

and about Aintree again:Do you know why this track is so fast when you are driving it? Well i think...that because there are less stands and texture and sponsors around the track the game and race on this track is fast...
...I have always said that less is better,if you race you don't have time to look around and do sightseeing!

So it improves the game and in my case that's good because my PC is an old warrior - COMPAQ Pressario Pentium II with Win98SE - ;)

Date: December 23, 2008 04:09PM
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great idea Rob!!!
>
> and about Aintree again:Do you know why this track
> is so fast when you are driving it? Well i
> think...that because there are less stands and
> texture and sponsors around the track the game and
> race on this track is fast...
> ...I have always said that less is better,if you
> race you don't have time to look around and do
> sightseeing!

YOU CAN SAY THIS AGAIN. YOU DESERVE A HUGE BEER FOR SAYING THIS :)

That's why when I look at Belini's tracks I feel like Moses looking at the Promised Land - I know I'm not gonna use it and I can only admire it from distance :/

There are lots of tracks which I'd really need and really like but which I can't use due to my PC's limitations...some time ago i tried to run Montjuic and Nordschleife but my PC was unable to use these two tracks (let alone the fact that I play in SW mode). I removed ALL the textures. Now I have only the raw tracks' layouts with no details at all...but it works and I can race at those two at last. 'Qui pro quo', as ancient Romans would say.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 04:14PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 23, 2008 04:26PM
Meanwhile, I got cracking with the 1950s-like cockpit shape. I downloaded Richard J Goniu's 1958 F-1 carset along with the carshape. There I found a cockpit shape which I edited myself. I don't know if you are gonna like it or not...at least I tried. This cockpit ,in my humble opinion, should be used along with the following camera setting: X: 0 , Y: -20, Z: 32

You may need to reposition the steering wheel in Car Editor as I use a two-part steering wheel shape which is smaller than a generic three-part one, as a result your wheel may seem too big. (in Car Editor it is the verticy n.84)

Here's the link

[rapidshare.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 04:30PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 23, 2008 04:33PM
Abdelkader...your welcome!

Have a nice Christmas and New Year there in Poland...
...by the way how do you say Christmas and New Year in Poland!
And for the BEER, i will drink one after 17.00hr on your health, CHEERS MATE ;)

Date: December 23, 2008 04:39PM
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> Abdelkader...your welcome!
>
> Have a nice Christmas and New Year there in
> Poland...
> ...by the way how do you say Christmas and New
> Year in Poland!
> And for the BEER, i will drink one after 17.00hr
> on your health, CHEERS MATE ;)

Thanks so much. I have already had one beer just a couple of minutes ago :) I wish the same to you out there in Belgium, have a good time during X-mas and the New Year night...it's the first time I drink beer with someone whom I have never seen. Amazing, what the Internet is capable of these days ;)

Christmas - 'Swieta Bozego Narodzenia' or simply 'Boze Narodzenie' which exactly means 'God's Birthday"

New Year - 'Nowy Rok' while Happy New Year!!! is "Szczesliwego Nowego Roku!!!" (pronounced as shchesh-live-ego nov-ego rock-oo

CHEERS!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 04:47PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 23, 2008 04:49PM
Thx abdelkader... now i can send greetings to Robert in his own language...that's Robert Kubica naturally! ;-)

Date: December 23, 2008 06:44PM
Ha ha :D . I'm glad I could help.

Date: December 24, 2008 09:38AM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
@ R Scandura : Excellent track, thanks. Btw, I like that "blind start" so much...:-)
@ abdelkader : (pronounced as shchesh-live-ego nov-ego rock-oo) Przemek, are you going to start polish language school ? Your skills seem to be extraordinary... Nyekh tchi shye vyedzhye yak naylepyey !
@ everyone from the community : Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Date: December 24, 2008 12:00PM
andrzej pilaszkiewicz Wrote:

> @ abdelkader : (pronounced as shchesh-live-ego
> nov-ego rock-oo) Przemek, are you going to start
> polish language school ? Your skills seem to be
> extraordinary... Nyekh tchi shye vyedzhye yak
> naylepyey !

Tobye roovnyesh :)

While talking about starting up a language school you weren't far from truth as in June this year I graduated from a teacher training college of foreign languages...so I could be a teacher if I really wanted ;)

Merry Christmas to all of you, guys!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy