Strange graphical block!

Posted by -qwerty- 
Strange graphical block!
Date: July 29, 2002 03:54PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Just been driving Australia, GP3 2000. Mostly it was fine, running 5th with Button, but on three corners I get this strange graphical error.

As I turn into the apex a black rectangle appears, growing in size as if getting nearer, ending up about the height of the mirrors, and just above them.

It seems to appear out of the green barriers, growing. Then it shrinks again....forming a rough rectange with a thinner section of black to the left.

I'd post a screenie but the upload site (sphosting) shows the pics as bright colours, as if distorted, so no use.

My system is

P2 MMX 350
98Mb SDRAM
SB Live! Value
Matrox G200 Marvel (8mb)
Hardware mode, 19fps, 800x600, full everything.

Any ideas?
Cheers
Chris

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: Strange graphical block!
Date: July 29, 2002 03:56PM
Posted by: Ellis
"P2 MMX 350"

350 mhz?

Tried new drivers?

erm, does it do it every lap?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 29, 2002 04:01PM
Yes, every lap. GP3 runs quite nicely (just have to avoid rainy races, which isnt hard, if you know the trick) on my pc....I can continue to drive Australia, but its just annoying!

I tried newer drivers a while back, but it made me use software mode (13fps, and ugly) so I went back to the older ones.

Any other thoughts?

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 29, 2002 04:06PM
Posted by: Ellis
erm, did u put anything new in for dis to happen?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 29, 2002 04:09PM
Its strange, because I disabled gpx patch except for gpxset so I could use the original tracks for the championship. So no, there is literally nothing except RH's 2002 set installed, which causes the loss of my tyre .jams every now and then.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 30, 2002 01:19AM
Posted by: Habi
What about reinstalling the game?

Date: July 30, 2002 04:50AM
Posted by: mortal
try another version of Albert Park-Melbourne and test again ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy