Re: GP3 F1 1984 Season
Date: October 16, 2008 10:29AM
Posted by: drafi5
Without any comment ???

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: October 16, 2008 11:58AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Very very nice carset. But where can we get it?
Date: October 16, 2008 02:19PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
For more information, how to get the shape and the cars, send message to my mail, I have many things, and already now, I wanted to do the mods of 1983 and 1984 for gp4, someone can help me, I am very committed to do these mods,
thanks to all
Pedro from Portugal
Date: October 16, 2008 03:03PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Just great, Pedro!

You rock, my friend! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: October 16, 2008 04:44PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Magnificent. Now if only we had the tracks.........

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 16, 2008 07:32PM

.... here are all the cars of the 1984 season, made by me, I will soon send the cars together with the shape, for all those who have already requested, also have held for me, the seasons of 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 2008 and IRL 2008, with their shapes
Greetings to all
Date: October 16, 2008 07:40PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Look quality mate :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: October 16, 2008 08:15PM
By the way, know this boy? heheheheh
for those who wish can also send.........

Date: October 16, 2008 08:46PM
Posted by: quickslick
would be great to get all those cars and shapes from you :)
Date: October 16, 2008 08:51PM
Posted by: elio
hi

can i have these too please! proethenbaugh@aol.com

thanks!!!
Date: October 16, 2008 09:37PM
Posted by: drafi5
I could host them on my homepage if you want, BTW PLAY made an artwork
for the 1984 season.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: October 16, 2008 09:59PM
drafi5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could host them on my homepage if you want, BTW
> PLAY made an artwork
> for the 1984 season.
>
> Happy racing from Germany !!!

would be great thanks, I wanted it, was working them for the gp4, do the mod of 84 and beyond, if someone can help, how can I make the cars was sensational, would the mods of 82, 83, and 84, if they can help me, I would be happy with .....
Date: October 16, 2008 10:55PM
My friends, here is the link to make the upload of the 1984 season, has the shape and the cars all right, and good racing, a thank you, my friend X_Acto for help, was that he gave me to know this place

link:

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: October 16, 2008 11:00PM
thank you very much
Date: October 17, 2008 05:51AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Very nice carset. Now I just need to find a Johnny Cecotto helmet. I also remade the performance because I don't think Manfred was ever the fastest in 1984 ;)

Most of the bhp values match what is recorded in the 1984 Autocourse. I guess you dropped the BMW to 800 instead of the published 850bhp so the game runs better. But why are the other BMW teams using less bhp?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 17, 2008 06:49AM
here's Johnny for you
Date: October 17, 2008 07:24AM
Thanks, but I already downloaded the other 1984 carset just for it :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 17, 2008 08:12AM
Posted by: bigears
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice carset. Now I just need to find a Johnny
> Cecotto helmet. I also remade the performance
> because I don't think Manfred was ever the fastest
> in 1984 ;)
>
> Most of the bhp values match what is recorded in
> the 1984 Autocourse. I guess you dropped the BMW
> to 800 instead of the published 850bhp so the game
> runs better. But why are the other BMW teams using
> less bhp?

Could you give us some info on how you modified the performance?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: October 17, 2008 02:40PM
Blindly to start with if truth be told :)

Starting point of 16384 for the fastest driver in qualifying over the season, and then calculating the average real qualy performance as a percentage and fitting this into the percentages shown in GP3 Edit.

So, in reality Prost was the best qualifier a total over the season of 2 seconds faster than Piquet. This equates to a difference of 0.12% (Prost combined times were 22m 17.402s against Piquet's 22m 19.382)... and just working from there. I took the data from the Autocourse annual Supergrid and then used intuition to estimate for the drivers that didn't compete in all 16 rounds.

The race performances were even more blind, so basically I just copied the qualy and made a few adjustments (Lauda and Keke better etc).Also increased greatly the failure rates to bring them into line with what really happened, with Williams, Brabham, Renault and Alfa Romeo all up around 50% chance of retirement. Of course I only considered mechanical failure here and not driver error.

Ummm, what else did I do? Made all Beemer engines have the same power, increased the Hart power so it could at least manage to reach fifth gear (!) and a few other tweaks along the way.

I always prefer to use default physics to be honest so I just try and keep things basic and adjust performance files and magic data rather than fannying around with GP3APE. With the greatest respect to those that produce g3p files I have yet to find one that I like.

It seems that most tracks are available in the 1984 configuration, or at least very close (is there a Brands Hatch without the Dingle Dell chicane?) so my next trick is going to be to try and get a full set of md files perfected. Might be a bit tricky as the Jacarepagua track I have is about 8 seconds faster than the cars went in 1984. I think there is a Jac95 track which may be better...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy